SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#471210 - 06/14/19 02:29 PM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: girljam]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
First, great job as usual Don ...

As for the use of backing tracks, I agree, in moderation ... there are some songs where I feel the track is needed, such as New York, New York - I can't imagine a style doing justice to that iconic arrangement ...

#471213 - 06/14/19 03:03 PM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
First, great job as usual Don ...

As for the use of backing tracks, I agree, in moderation ... there are some songs where I feel the track is needed, such as New York, New York - I can't imagine a style doing justice to that iconic arrangement ...

here's a great NYNY style....enjoy

Attachments
New York.S199.STY (109 downloads)

#471216 - 06/14/19 06:55 PM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I was still working, I rarely used backing tracks, most times, none at all - just didn't need them with so many incredible, custom, song-specific style files available for Yamaha arranger keyboards. Attached are a couple Yamaha style files for Sinatra songs to play with.

Gary cool

Attachments
My Way.STY (90 downloads)
New York.S199.STY (159 downloads)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471220 - 06/15/19 06:37 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Interesting topic, Donny:

When it comes to "selling records" (I know, an outdated expression) the obvious answer is, "Whatever works!" 97% of the general public does not understand (or care) the difference between live or artificial... unless it happens to be a performance in front of an audience.

Great addition to my collection, Don Mason. Thanks!

Naturally, Arranger Keyboards are a great alternative for all of us... whether performing at Ernest's (like Mason) or doing your best to knock out another song in your little "closet sized" studio. We do what we have to do... and I can't afford to hire a band or the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when I do my best to present my song idea. If I could... and it made economic sense... I would do it just like Sinatra and his "Label."

----West Mayberry Dave

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online