SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#471075 - 06/12/19 07:39 AM Backing Tracks acceptable or not ?
Dnj Offline

Thoughts?.....

#471079 - 06/12/19 08:13 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

after watching 2x....he makes some good sense.. wink

#471080 - 06/12/19 08:16 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Ideally the less automated the performance the better, for me as an audience member anyway. Maybe the vast majority of the general public doesn’t really care either way? Of course, the venue and the artist/genre has a lot to do with it too. I would like to think that most people would be disappointed if they paid top dollar to see an artist like Michael Bublé perform and he sang with no band and just backing tracks Of course there’s a completely different expectation at the local level like at a bar, restaurant or party, assuming the music is not the primary focus.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#471081 - 06/12/19 09:08 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Like them or not Backing tracks custom made or commercial, and all automated music including arranger keyboard styles etc were birthed by computer technology, and will keep progressing year after year, and the masses will enjoy them and utilize it more and more, so will musicians and singers,etc, the sad truth depending on how you look at it..

Edited by Dnj (06/12/19 09:08 AM)

#471087 - 06/12/19 10:13 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, I fully expect to see you one day with a robe and sandals carrying a big sign that says "REPENT, THE END IS NEAR".

smile smile smile

chas

#471091 - 06/12/19 11:12 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: cgiles]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Donny, I fully expect to see you one day with a robe and sandals carrying a big sign that says "REPENT, THE END IS NEAR".

smile smile smile

chas

rotfl rotfl rotfl

#471092 - 06/12/19 11:23 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Absolutly acceptable. Your still playing along and singing live as you would with a band, IF the venue would pay a band. I keep them simple and as the names says in the backround of the mix.
It does open the door to a million mediocre singers who do very poor Kareoke Acts.
One of the most unusal and very good examples here is a drummer who's been here for a long time and works in one of the top bands. He also does a solo. Tracks with him playing drums and singing. People love him. Gotta love the name, his name is Mark Husbands so he calls his single act " The Single Husbands Band"

#471093 - 06/12/19 11:36 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Absolutly acceptable. Your still playing along and singing live as you would with a band, IF the venue would pay a band. I keep them simple and as the names says in the backround of the mix.
It does open the door to a million mediocre singers who do very poor Kareoke Acts.
One of the most unusal and very good examples here is a drummer who's been here for a long time and works in one of the top bands. He also does a solo. Tracks with him playing drums and singing. People love him. Gotta love the name, his name is Mark Husbands so he calls his single act " The Single Husbands Band"

All the tools are there have To be used in any way shape or form... as for Mark Husbands he's working he gets paid and people enjoy it that's the bottom line..

Edited by Dnj (06/12/19 11:38 AM)

#471096 - 06/12/19 11:53 AM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
All the tools are there have To be used in any way shape or form... as for Mark Husbands he's working he gets paid and people enjoy it that's the bottom line..

Donny...I think you answered your own question!

#471099 - 06/12/19 12:15 PM Re: Backing Tracks acceptable or not ? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny...I think you answered your own question!

I've always been a fan of using tracks especially the ones I create for myself..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online