SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#470954 - 06/09/19 05:50 PM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I bought a coffee mug, it says “I am Mr. Right”. That’s my statement in my home! Two days later my wife came home with a coffee mug of her choice, it says, “I’m Mrs. Always Right”. ???????

John C.

#470958 - 06/09/19 07:41 PM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hmmm, I listened carefully (OP); I was not impressed. If you listen carefully and critically, and are able to recognize exceptional talent, I think this kid profits by sounding better than what we expected. It's the 'surprise' effect. He may develop into a decent singer but for me, he has a way to go yet. JMO. Hope I don't offend anyone by not sharing the majority opinion. BTW, the very nature of this song is that if you can manage to sing it in tune, it's always going to sound decent. It's known as a 'crowd pleaser'. It's the one you pull out when your raw talent won't cut it smile. Don't believe me? Ask Uncle Dave if I'm right.

chas

#470959 - 06/09/19 08:01 PM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
It's known as a 'crowd pleaser'. Don't believe me? Ask Uncle Dave if I'm right.

I do like to please the masses. One of my least favorites that goes over like gangbusters is "Shallow." I can't wait for it to live out it's fifteen minutes of Grammy fame. The song means nothing to me, lyrically. It's only saving grace is the powerful arrangement that lets you show off your pipes for a few moments. Hallelulia, while having a lovely melody is a pretty confusing lyric. I honestly can't wrap my head around it, so I do the Pentatonix version and flood the stage with TC harmonies, and major emotion. It always gets a great reaction, but I'm not really sure why. Is it about God? Sung BY God? "TO" God? ... no clue.
Nothing wrong with pleasing the crowd, when you're in the service business, and YES - entertainment is a service. We sell ourselves (our product) every three minutes with each story we tell.
smile

#470961 - 06/09/19 09:17 PM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

smile smile smile
Now that you mention it, I have no idea what it means either. I always liked it, probably for the same reason everybody else does, for the clever way it builds these little mini climaxes. That helps you SOUND soulful even when you don't have any smile smile. Clever guy, that Leonard.

chas

#470977 - 06/10/19 08:42 AM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
helps you SOUND soulful even when you don't have any smile smile

I'm SURE that was said tongue in cheek, right? Everyone's got "SOME" soul.
smile

#470979 - 06/10/19 08:49 AM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, I think Chas meant from a religious aspect.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#470983 - 06/10/19 10:01 AM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Dave, I think Chas meant from a religious aspect.

Gary cool

Nope. Not really. I meant it the way Dave thinks I meant it...and it wasn't TOTALLY tongue-in-cheek. I truly believe that some people are incapable of creating music in the expressive way we've come to define as 'soul'. Maybe life has not yet unlocked that emotional vault. Or maybe they were just taught to keep those emotions in check ('don't cry at momma's funeral' or 'don't tear up when ol' Yellow gets shot'. Who knows? Oh, and it's a two-way thing, too. Not only can't they express it, they can't hear it either.

chas

#470984 - 06/10/19 10:05 AM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Anymore I cry when the Roadrunner smashes Wiley Coyote. smile

#471084 - 06/12/19 09:58 AM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Some people need a little "Soul Vaccination"
smile
https://youtu.be/46hd6DZS0ww

#471085 - 06/12/19 10:00 AM Re: Most incredible rendition of this song I've ever.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

... in case there are any of you who aren't hip to Tower of Power:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUjl4pvJ-8k

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online