SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47083 - 03/02/02 12:56 PM Endings
Paul Worley Offline

Loc: Evergreen, CO USA
I typically track many songs using the Auto Play Chord (fingered) function on my 6500 and with little effort punch in ending 1 or 2. Now the time has come to do my own endings. Can someone give me some tips on how to smoothly get out of APC at the end of a song… and play my own endings out of rhythm.

Also, I know the 6500 sequencer holds 10 songs. How does one load those 10 slots (1 at a time) from either a floppy or my HD-HX6? Many thanks to all of you for your help. Paul

#47084 - 03/02/02 01:43 PM Re: Endings
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Paul, I use a mixture of 'Built-In' endings, as well as my own. I find the easiest way of doing this is to use a footswitch assigned to the 'Start/Stop' function. When I come to the point where I want to stop the rhythm, I just press the footswitch and carry on playing my own ending.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#47085 - 03/03/02 02:57 AM Re: Endings
technicsplayer Offline

there are many ways to do this, another suggestion:

copy the style to the composer, edit the ending to mute tracks leaving just drums, bass or nothing (a blank ending) and play your right hand melodies over it or instead of it.

for single songs, you save the song singly on page 3 of the save, and then load it singly on page 3 of the load to whatever position you choose. do this on floppy, then save the 10 songs on hx6.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online