Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#470579 - 05/30/19 10:48 AM I get it!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#470591 - 05/30/19 02:44 PM Re: I get it!!! [Re: Fran Carango]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Interesting find Fran. I certainly have to agree with the majority of what he’s saying.
Thanks,
JM

#470593 - 05/30/19 03:22 PM Re: I get it!!! [Re: jingleman]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Saw that a few month ago.
Sad but true ...
I felt that we had new innovations in every decade until the 80's.
Then the 90's came .... and ... "Nothing"
It all sounded some what rehashed from old stuff ...
Still waiting for a breakthrough in music.
Another master piece ...
Eric

#470603 - 05/31/19 04:49 AM Re: I get it!!! [Re: Fran Carango]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks Fran, that just confirms my suspicions. The last minute sadly tells it all.

Bernie

#470688 - 06/03/19 03:37 AM Re: I get it!!! [Re: Fran Carango]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
I keep telling my daughter this, as she is a good singer, and she says she relates to the rhythm or the beat more of the music for her age group.

#470691 - 06/03/19 05:27 AM Re: I get it!!! [Re: tassiespirit]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Fran, thank you, a great find. I started to listened to big bands in my early teens. I fought the change in music as I am fighting the new technology. In my music store I had a record department, which made me more aware of the coming changes.

Music changed from songs like What Are You Doing the Rest if Your life, which used many colorful chords, to three chord songs;
So, if I loved the song Misty when it first came out, I had to dislike Hound dog. Do I play Hound Dog? Yes! Why? Because I have allowed money to direct me. It is the same with much of the new technology that is being offered. I do appreciate the technology that helps me to express my love of music. I love Tony Bennett, but I did not like his duet album. I would describe some of the singers who sang with him as people who were not singing, but yelling.

My family and I loved Barbra Streisand. When she began to move to the new music, I knew she would do harm to her beautiful voice. That is what happens when start yelling and stop singing. Why did she do it? MONEY!
My last thought is about the path SZ is going. I start my day with SZ, but I find very little about creating beautiful music, and a lot about technical products.

I am not against new technology, I have an iPad, a computer, and a blue tooth speaker. Fran, I understand the video, Not so much with my intellect, but from my heart.
Thanks again, John C.

#470703 - 06/03/19 09:37 AM Re: I get it!!! [Re: bruno123]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
All it takes is a few stalwarts to keep things in the right direction.

Believe me, they're out there.

I have to believe that the future of good music is bright, whatever form it takes.

Russ

#470711 - 06/03/19 01:30 PM Re: I get it!!! [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have often mentioned to my wife how so many - especially Country/Western - songs today have a 'refrain' or 'hook' that has no lyrics but only a oooh oooh thing going on between choruses, so that there can be a lot of audience participation ...
Even on senior gigs, I look for songs where the audience can sing out the title or a lead line like "... keep away from Run Around Sue" or "...that's the Wonder, the Wonder of You..." and of course there's always the "whoa, whoa, whoa, and so good, so good, so good, " of "Sweet Caroline" etc. etc. ...

Also, I think what is missing from this conversation is the fact that in the 50s the Doo Wop songs had basically 4 chords and the upbeat Rock and Roll songs were basically 3 chord blues ... how is that so different from what is being played today?

#470715 - 06/03/19 01:59 PM Re: I get it!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Also, I think what is missing from this conversation is the fact that in the 50s the Doo Wop songs had basically 4 chords and the upbeat Rock and Roll songs were basically 3 chord blues ... how is that so different from what is being played today?

Back then they at least added a 7th once in awhile smile.

chas

#470716 - 06/03/19 02:06 PM Re: I get it!!! [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Back then they at least added a 7th once in awhile smile.

chas

Oh NOW I get it !!! wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online