SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#470436 - 05/26/19 07:12 AM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
One thing to remember though; all my purchases for the last five years don't add up to ONE GENOS. One nice thing about being 'in love' with just one type of traditional instrument is that it tends to hold down GAS attacks. For the record though, I'm not an ORGAN lover, I'm a HAMMOND ORGAN lover. The truth is, I hate (well, hate is a strong word) pipe organs, theater organs, non-Hammond home organs; in other words, any organ (or clone) that doesn't begin with HAMMOND followed by an A, B, or C. The fact is, most jazz organist feel that way except for a few classically trained ones like Barbara Dennerlein. From Jimmy Smith to some of the great gospel church organists, only a HAMMOND can do what a HAMMOND does - stir souls.

chas

#470437 - 05/26/19 07:28 AM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

cool2

#470438 - 05/26/19 07:36 AM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, the only forum member that beats you and The Captain out when it comes to organs is Charlie Ohram (rattley). His home is so packed with organs, B3s, etc..., that there was a narrow path between them that stretched from one end of his house to the other. There were organs in his bedroom, living room, dining room and even one in the kitchen. On top of that, he had more than a dozen arranger keyboards, and I think he recently purchased a Genos.

Congratulations on your recent acquisition and I hope to be hear you post some beautiful music on the forum in the neat future using your new gear.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#470439 - 05/26/19 07:43 AM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Donny, I absolutely LOVE Tony. Although not as technically gifted as Joey D., he captures the very essence of those great jazz organists from the 'golden era' of jazz organ trios (Jimmy Smith, Jack McDuff, Jimmy Mcgriff, Groove Holmes, Johnny 'Hammond' Smith, Don Patterson - the list goes on). I was lucky to have met most of these guys (during summers in Atlantic City while in grad school). From what I hear, he's also a very nice guy. Tony is master of 'the groove'.

chas

#470440 - 05/26/19 07:52 AM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Gary, ha! didn't know that about rattley, obviously a man of good taste smile (and a tolerant wife smile ). As for the Captain, nobody knows how many organs he has 'cause they're all covered over with guitars smile smile. GAS comes in all sorts of forms smile. As far as posting music, I have to first figure out how to make all this stuff work together (I'm not as fast as Don Mason smile ).

chas

#470464 - 05/27/19 10:34 AM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, Charlie is an old batchelor, never been married to my knowledge, which explains why he collect all this stuff, and yes, he has good taste - that's for sure.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#470598 - 05/30/19 07:32 PM Re: Whoops, I did it again [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Well, got my Legend EXP today. Haven't had a chance to fine tune it but so far it's pure puppy love. It works perfectly with the Nord C1 as a controller. It's small and compact but with all the sonic power and capability of a full blown Ledgend. I'm feeling very proud of myself for recycling (re-purposing) a board (C1) that I otherwise probably wouldn't have used again. The only thing better than having a TOTL clonewheel is having TWO of them smile.

chas

Edited by cgiles (05/30/19 08:46 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online