SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#470377 - 05/24/19 02:08 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Dnj]
dud Online   content

Loc: israel
i am an average pro player but since i have the GENOS it looks like i improve myself . though i play the same , even my wife and my children and the neighbures notice the difference althoug they are not musicians.

#470384 - 05/24/19 02:47 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: dud]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By dud
i am an average pro player but since i have the GENOS it looks like i improve myself . though i play the same , even my wife and my children and the neighbures notice the difference althoug they are not musicians.

How has the audience reaction been since you
play the genos now on stage.? Btw what type of music are you doing/

#470388 - 05/24/19 03:09 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Speaking of old gear.. Here is a Wurly I traded a brand new in the box Casio CZ1000 . My friend represented it as like new.. I was a bit shocked when he dropped it off.

But I really liked playing it... so did Uncle Dave..

Sold it several times, had to repo it 3 times for non payment.. The last time was a church... I just let it stay..

Attachments
th57YQY37O.jpg

#470390 - 05/24/19 03:15 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
HA!

#470391 - 05/24/19 03:19 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
HA!

Do you remember Brent's exact words?

What was the name of the restaurant we sold it to..Cataloosa?

Edited by Fran Carango (05/24/19 03:22 PM)

#470396 - 05/24/19 08:48 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By DonM
I have a 2007 Ford Expedition with 211,000 miles. smile

Hell, Don, I have a wife with more mileage on her than that. wink

Gary cool

Gary, tut tut tut. Hope she doesn’t read the forum. Haha. Just the kind of thing my hubby would say.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#470397 - 05/24/19 08:53 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny, do we need it. NO!
But if one can afford it why not splurge. You can’t take your money with you, so might as well enjoy it while you can.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#470400 - 05/24/19 10:13 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Didn't he say it was BRAND new? yeah, right!

https://www.facebook.com/CuttalossaInn/

#470402 - 05/24/19 11:23 PM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

There is one thing we should not forget, first in comparrison to acoustic instruments, electronis instruments are still improving in quallity and features.... while the craftsmanship of acoustic instruments is not...

- for a keyboardist owning an acoustic grand piano or an orrginal B3 is totally different then owning the same arranger for the last 2 decades..

- some vintage synthesizers like Rolands jupiter 8, Yamaha’s CS80 or a Mini moog have become ireplacable..

- but since every arranger/workstation/synthesizer is quite different, there is a different challenge in mastering them.. there is also the fact that big boys love new toys.. do they need to be the latest greatest? Not really as long as the are of the highest level... so basically for a synth player, the highest level could be a 30 year analogue synth..

- but for arrangers, the highest level would be current or previous generation... mosty dependant on financial situation..

Just look at all those guitar folks owning like 15 guitars.. and then ask yourself why doesn’t a violin player have 5 violins?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470407 - 05/25/19 04:36 AM Re: You think you always need the Newest gear ? [Re: Dnj]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
We recently did a post along the lines of this topic. It was for our Wersi friends. In our case, we dusted off a tune recorded on a Wersi Spectra and a Wersi digital piano. The idea was the same as this post. Although at the time it was state of the art it's now 20+ year old gear and (we think) still holds up pretty well today. If you don't know the Spectra was one of the most popular Wersi organs ever released. No video just the soundtrack but thought you folks might enjoy.

Recorded / Sequenced in my basement using Cakewalk then recorded to DAT and finally to CD. http://wersiclubusa.com/cd_series/a-tune-from-the-good-ole-cd-spectra-series/

Edited by IMMusic_Curt (05/25/19 08:08 AM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online