SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#469524 - 05/02/19 11:13 AM Nashville ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My wife and I and another couple will be spending a week in Nashville in the near future ... Of course we will be seeing the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium, but what other " must see" attractions are recommended?
Thanks

#469532 - 05/02/19 11:53 AM Re: Nashville ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Have fun - Carol and I loved it there - lots to see and do.

Gary

Attachments
DSC00072.JPG

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#469539 - 05/02/19 12:29 PM Re: Nashville ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Too many options to list, Tony:

Worked there and lived south in Brentwood several years. Great place. Opryland was big there at one time but I think it has been bought and sold several times.

If you are a Civil War Student... many key battles fought in Nashville proper, across the river in Murfreesboro and south in Franklin. Near Downtown Nashville and Vanderbilt University, there was a duplicate of the Parthenon but since I have not been back in many years, it may have fallen into dis-repair by now.

I would suggest getting tickets to the Bluebird Cafe for the nights they have Wannabee Nashville Performers but I can't vouch for the food or cost. Many of my friends complain of price gouging in that area, especially the old downtown Nashville Music Joints.

Have fun, take lots of photos if convenient.

Regards, ----Dave

#469541 - 05/02/19 01:15 PM Re: Nashville ... [Re: Riceroni9]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony, just Google Rory Hoffman. He's easy to reach, and, if he's in town, he'd meet you and show you around.

Great kid who's success has not made him a jerk. If you contact him, tell him hello, and I'll see him next summer NAMM.

Russ

#469547 - 05/02/19 01:58 PM Re: Nashville ... [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9

I would suggest getting tickets to the Bluebird Cafe for the nights they have Wannabee Nashville Performers but I can't vouch for the food or cost. Many of my friends complain of price gouging in that area, especially the old downtown Nashville Music Joints.
Have fun, take lots of photos if convenient.
Regards, ----Dave

I was told the same thing because of the popularity The Bluebird got being featured on the TV series "Nashville" ...

Originally Posted By captain Russ
Tony, just Google Rory Hoffman. He's easy to reach, and, if he's in town, he'd meet you and show you around.
Great kid who's success has not made him a jerk. If you contact him, tell him hello, and I'll see him next summer NAMM.
Russ

Russ, I will try to do that ... of course we here are all familiar with Rory's talent ...
I've also been in touch with Bill (Semi-Live Music), who I had the honor of performing with along with Don Mason at Ernest's a number of years ago ... and then I made a fool of myself with Don and Bill on the golf course the next day ... redface rolleyes

#469555 - 05/02/19 03:47 PM Re: Nashville ... [Re: tony mads usa]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
As far as clubs, Nashville Palace was my favorite several years ago. Met Vern Gosdin and had a great time of course he is gone now. There is a new Palace now a couple doors down, looks like a good place. 3rd and Lindsley is good I hear as is Douglas Corner Cafe. Tootsies and Roberts Western World are near each other and very well known. Have a nice trip.

#469564 - 05/02/19 04:43 PM Re: Nashville ... [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Met Vern Gosdin

My favourite Country Singer. ( Shows my age, I really like the old Country )

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#469575 - 05/03/19 06:22 AM Re: Nashville ... [Re: rphillipchuk]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By rphillipchuk
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Met Vern Gosdin

My favourite Country Singer. ( Shows my age, I really like the old Country )

Same here. He went there all the time and had dinner and sat in with the house band. He really enjoyed being recognized at that point in his life (this was 2002-2003). He had a lot of health issues but still sounded great.

#469589 - 05/03/19 01:32 PM Re: Nashville ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Tony:

I was just surfing through the channels out of boredom and ran across RFD TV. They were featuring Ray Steven's new "joint" in Nashville... so I thought I would remind you to check out his web site for more information. If the price is reasonable, his acts can be a mix of humor and great entertainment.

#469602 - 05/04/19 08:53 AM Re: Nashville ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

This thread got me wondering,

How popular is country music with theyounger generations of Americans?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online