SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#469446 - 05/01/19 10:22 AM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

It's only getting worse..

Edited by Dnj (05/01/19 11:30 AM)

#469447 - 05/01/19 10:32 AM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Some people stare at this forum more than millennials do at their phones ... just sayin'
smile

#469449 - 05/01/19 11:50 AM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Uncle Dave]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Just read an article in a computer magazine about a new Android
smart phone battery that is 4 times more powerful than a normal battery.After singing it`s praises,it concludes the article with
"Apparently it`ll last 50 days on standby,but we`re not sure who
in 2019 puts their phone down for a month".

#469458 - 05/01/19 01:54 PM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Terrysutt]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Nothing wrong with owning a cell phone. Mine stays in my car most of the time, turned off. When I want to make a call I turn it on -- after talking I turn it off.

John C.

#469462 - 05/01/19 02:20 PM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
+1, John

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#469477 - 05/01/19 05:56 PM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
TODAY...
I used my cell phone for all this.
Phone calls
Texts
Compass (see which way the wind was blowing while fishing)
Camera, to take picture of the first fish of the day. Of the year too. smile
Weather Radar
I called my boat guy from the lake to see how to adjust power steering. Saved a trip and $$.
Listen to audio book while waiting in Dr. office. And in car via Bluetooth on the way there.
Deposit check
Check calendar to check date of Mother's Day.

I also use it for a Hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet while traveling or at work. It made me a hundred bucks Friday night, but being able to look up lyrics and chords to a song I really didn't know.
I also use it for GPS in my car. App is WAZE and it is free and works way better than dedicated GPS units. Updated daily.
I was able to call my wife from the golf course and tell her to meet me at the ER last year! I probably should have called ambulance instead.
If I'm away from home and an idea for a song, or someone's name I want to remember or lots of other things, I touch the voice recorder and make notes to myself.
I can almost instantly speak with any or all of my kids and their families, even my wife. smile
There is much more I'm forgetting right now...
The phone saves me time and money. A lot of both.

HOWEVER, I don't use it while eating, driving (much) or talking to people in person. I seldom access the internet with it. I never use it for Facebook except occasionally upload a photo.

Like others, I see families and couples sit and play games or talk or surf while "enjoying" a dinner with average price about $75 each.
It's a tool. Yes you can misuse it. I don't.
I have no problem with anyone who doesn't use cell phones, but don't want to be criticized for choosing to use mine.

#469478 - 05/01/19 06:02 PM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
+1
And, yes, WAZE is probably THE BEST GPS app ...

#469482 - 05/01/19 07:36 PM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

I think i miss the most important one..

On stage one should never pee heir pants
Not from abuse of alcoholics
Not from fear for the audience
And not from old age...

Espescially not as a singer..
Maybe the keyboardist sitting in the dark corner with dark pants on can come away with it..

But then the pleasure of peeing your pants quickly turns from a warm feeling into a cold one.. so i dont think peeing your pants on stage is a good idea even for a keyboardist.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#469483 - 05/01/19 07:53 PM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
laugh2

#469484 - 05/02/19 12:45 AM Re: 5 Things That Singers Should Never Do on Stage [Re: Jerryghr]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Better still. we don't own a smart phone.
I blind friend stated people using phones kept walking into him !!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online