SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#469251 - 04/28/19 08:44 AM Android Phone Call Music Player Paused SOLVED!
Dnj Offline

Galaxy 9 ...let's say you were using your phone to play music via
Bluetooth wireless etc,....and you get a phone call during which interrupts, stops, the song with ringing ....

I have tried lowering, shut off ringer, in settings I have turned
on Do Not Disturb, etc.. but as I am playing the song it still gets interrupted?.....is there a solution to this problem so that there is no stopping of the song?

Edited by Dnj (04/29/19 04:14 AM)

#469252 - 04/28/19 09:12 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Donny:

I purchased an older Galaxy from the other TV mass retailer (not QVC) and it was supposed to arrive with Tracfone pre-installed.

It arrived but the Tracfone number I received belonged to a previous Tracfone client... and I could never get Tracfone to correct the problem. I went back to the TV retailer for a solution and they treated me like dirt.

I got even with both of them after giving up all attempts which went on for months. I turned the phone's "Airplane Mode" "ON", connected the Android Phone to my computer via the USB cable provided, uploaded a ton of my own songs (MP3 files) into categories/genres on that Galaxy Phone and it is now an exceptional MP3 Player. If caught in a really desperate situation, I can turn off "Airplane Mode" and make a 911 call for emergencies only. Otherwise, the phone has little or no practical use for me.

I keep a separate, throw-away phone for use when I'm on the road or away from home. I purchase minutes for a three month time-frame and have Wal-Mart re-do the darn thing when that time arrives. When I'm at home... that phone stays "OFF" 'cause I hate phone calls from politicians, telemarketers and scam artists. We have a land-line phone in our home and keep it connected to an answering machine. That eliminates 90% of the problem calls and if we don't recognize the number or caller, we don't answer.

The speakers on that Galaxy phone are exceptional and the battery life is amazing. I can listen all night long playing songs in random mode and next morning, usually have only drained the batter to about 70%. Takes about 30 minutes or less to fully re-charge.

Sorry I had to explain it in an "around the world" fashion but if you have an older cell phone, "airplane mode" will allow you to use it for playing MP3 music files if you let the subscription run out with the service provider. In essence, it becomes an MP3 player only.

----Dave

#469253 - 04/28/19 09:17 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Riceroni9]
Dnj Offline

Dave ...thanx for the info but what does this have to do with my problem stated OP on my Galaxy 9 while playing music and a phone call pauses the music?

#469255 - 04/28/19 09:24 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, go to settings and turn the mobile data switch off. It may be 'settings' - 'connect' ?

chas

#469256 - 04/28/19 09:37 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Donny:

Chas has offered you a simpler possibility to resolve your problem. I was only attempting to let you know you can turn a Galaxy into a dedicated MP3 Player if the service provider or contract goes away. I had assumed you were somehow using the MP3 player (via bluetooth) during your performance intermissions.

My bad! Sorry! ----Dave

#469257 - 04/28/19 09:39 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Donny, go to settings and turn the mobile data switch off. It may be 'settings' - 'connect' ?

chas

Chas I will look for this if I can find it..?
do you use a galaxy 9 also..

#469258 - 04/28/19 09:41 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Riceroni9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Hi Donny:

Chas has offered you a simpler possibility to resolve your problem. I was only attempting to let you know you can turn a Galaxy into a dedicated MP3 Player if the service provider or contract goes away. I had assumed you were somehow using the MP3 player (via bluetooth) during your performance intermissions.

My bad! Sorry! ----Dave

No problem Dave, ...so far NO solution to stop phone calls interrupting while music is playing on Android Galaxy 9 OS far...
still looking.

#469261 - 04/28/19 10:49 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Hi Donny:

My bad! Sorry! ----Dave

No problem Dave, ...so far NO solution to stop phone calls interrupting while music is playing on Android Galaxy 9 OS far...
still looking.

It is called a volume control smile

#469262 - 04/28/19 10:58 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj
Hi Donny:

My bad! Sorry! ----Dave

still looking.

It is called a volume control smile

Fran..... didn't you read the original post that doesn't work you can lower the volume put it on vibrate but when a phone call comes in while playing music the music gets paused

#469263 - 04/28/19 11:12 AM Re: Android Phone Music Player Questions.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It is designed that way. Most people don't want to hear the music while talking on the phone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online