SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#468970 - 04/21/19 04:45 PM Arranger KB fun with family and friends .
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Happy Easter everyone!

My family enjoyed “ la Semana Santa” (Holy Week)very much and had a nice impromptu jam session. I really like having the Korg Havian in the living for such occasions. Anyways no mics, just the built speakers on the KB. My wife is singing, daughter on violin and an old buddy from my university days on bongos. The song is an old classic called Sabor a Mi. Enjoy! [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/5gcaJjfP0DI[/video]

Edited by montunoman (04/21/19 04:58 PM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#468971 - 04/21/19 05:03 PM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Buona Pasqua Paul & family... clap

"Sabor a mi" is one of my favorites...
well done thanx for sharing!

Here is a version I usually play.

Attachments
Rhumba Sabor a Mí Inst.mp3 (43 downloads)

Edited by Dnj (04/21/19 05:06 PM)

#468974 - 04/21/19 07:57 PM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Paul, it is SO beautiful when a family can produce beautiful music like this ... brings me back to my younger days with my family ... I SO miss those times ...

And Donny, that is a great rendition but I was waiting for the vocal ...

I now HAVE to learn this song as a vocal ...

#468975 - 04/22/19 02:11 AM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Paul, music in your home, family and friends, that makes a holiday very special. Like Tony I grew up in a home where there was music. My dad played piano professionally, my brother’s Godfather played the violin, and my Godfather played mandolin and sang. They played polkas, Italian music, and classical music – never used music, all from memory. And the wives danced together. (smile)

Paul, thank you for sharing your family and your music, it brought back many memories. The violin solo was beautiful. The song I know well, and you played it at the right tempo. When there is music in a home, it is a happy home.
John C.

#468983 - 04/22/19 05:55 AM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Paul, it is SO beautiful when a family can produce beautiful music like this ... brings me back to my younger days with my family ... I SO miss those times ...

And Donny, that is a great rendition but I was waiting for the vocal ...I now HAVE to learn this song as a vocal ...

#468988 - 04/22/19 07:08 AM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Thanks guys and I really enjoy hearing about your experience with music at your homes. Luckily I married into a very musical family, and we often play together at family gatherings.

Tony, there are so many great versions of “ Sabor a Mi” To me, Luis Miguel’s version is the definitive. But Eydie Gormé’s version could serve as a good inspiration to you. I believe she was Italian-American. She recorded a beautiful album of Spanish language songs with the Mexican trio “Los Panchos”

Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/aQCo3rczB-w

#468991 - 04/22/19 08:42 AM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Paul,

Great to have to have a musical family, you are blessed that’s for sure. I enjoyed the tune and like my Rhode Island compadre Tony I may have to learn that too.

My late cousin who lived in Bergen County NJ died much too young but both he and I played piano, it was always a treat the few times a year we could get together and play piano.

#469003 - 04/22/19 11:47 AM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nice Paul!
I'd like to go the Lewis family gathering. Jerry Lee, Micky, Jimmy S., and Linda Gail, and four pianos!

#469009 - 04/22/19 12:36 PM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Thanks Don. Yes, I love to be a fly on the wall at a Lewis family gathering. I wonder how well they get along?

#469012 - 04/22/19 12:44 PM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Other than me , my musical family was every small. My dad played the shoe horn and mom played the ear drum.
MEL

#469022 - 04/22/19 03:09 PM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Wow this was excellent, thank you for sharing Paul! What an awesome tradition!

#469031 - 04/22/19 04:33 PM Re: Arranger KB fun with family and friends . [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Hey, thanks Ted for checking the video and your kind words. I noticed you’re in North Texas. My band will be performing at Mexican Sugar in the Legacy Shopping Center in Plano , May 5th for their anual cinco de Mayo block party. It’s a fun event . 5pm-9pm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online