SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#468862 - 04/18/19 12:35 PM Re: O.T. Food for thought [Re: salsaman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm aware of that situation and it's just NOT RIGHT. That's a shameful way to treat those that have put their lives on the line while at the same time rewarding those that have sacrificed nothing. Less than 2% of the billionaire class has ever spent a single day in military service and yet reap the greatest benefits from our little foreign misadventures. But then, maybe we're lucky; I'd hate to have a Steve Mnuchin or a Steven Miller protecting my flank smile. The president brags about his support among veterans but it's only a matter of time before vets start to hold him accountable for the poor performance of the VA system. It started long before the current administration but he could easily correct this situation with the same ease as it took him to remove the regulations that protect our air quality and water supply.

If you're not already, I hope when you're feeling better, that you'll become active in some organization that promotes better treatment for our veterans. On this issue, we need to put politics aside and join forces to make this right.

chas

#469284 - 04/28/19 04:39 PM Re: O.T. Food for thought [Re: salsaman]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Or, there really are no "raccoons in the basement"

From the original post,
Quote: "This country became weak and bankrupt"

Really? Says who? In 2016, most of the voters did not agree with that.

Fix it?
How do you fix something that's not really broken?

I've got to admit, Trump is good at creating fake problems, and then claiming to fix them, and even better at convincing his base that he did it his way, and saved you from...whatever! When in actuality, he never "fixed" anything, and actually made many issues much worse.

BTW What happen to the National Emergency on the border? A supposed 'caravan' of possible terrorists turned out to be many women and children, seeking asylum from violence and looking for a better life. This should be embraced, and is actually a "Right Of Asylum", and not something that should be misrepresented for political gain.

As a Vietnam era vet serving in the USN, and many veterans I know, we do not support the policies of the current administration. Some of my friends actually voted for Trump, but now regret that decision. A few still think he's the greatest and he's a "fixer" What exactly did he fix?

I try not to be too political, as it can cause problems, but if we disagree with a view, it can be done in a civil manor that won't tarnish a friendship. So please don't be offended. We argue a little, then have a beer together and tell dumb jokes and have a good time. Life goes by quick.

Peace, Loveya

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online