SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#468695 - 04/14/19 05:26 PM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
" Never got to play there"?!? ...they wouldn't let any of us within a hundred yards of the place !!! A guy I worked with was down in GA on vacation and was passing by Augusta. He thought it would be cool to get a hat or a shirt, so he pulls up to the gate and tells the guy what he wants ... The guy says " pull up to that shack, look in the catalog for what you want, use the phone to call in your order and they will bring it out to you." ... My friend said "no thanks" and drove away ...

#468696 - 04/14/19 05:31 PM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Seems he has matured considerably. The kids look great. He paid dearly for his mistakes.
Too famous not to get caught! smile

I hope so Don.... Time will tell.

#468697 - 04/14/19 05:33 PM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, my post was about the Masters tournament and how exciting it was; not about Tiger's personal life. Find something else to be negative about; you've gotten pretty good at it lately.

Don, Dave, Steve, et al, what's so great to me is the plethora of YOUNG talent Tiger, and Lefty, and VJ, and Big Easy, and Furyk, and the like, have spawned. I think that is Tiger's biggest and most enduring gift to the game. Oh, and Donny, whether it's one woman or 100, what's the difference? An adulterer is an adulterer, the quantity is usually just a factor of what you can afford. Hey, history is full of high achievers who were world-class womanizers; from Einstein to Eisenhower to JFK (well, all the Kennedy's actually smile ), to our current commander-in-chief. Goes with the territory (territory being money and power).

chas

#468699 - 04/14/19 08:22 PM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: cgiles]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I don't watch golf as much as I once did... but this weekend was certainly a pleasant exception. Tiger must be ecstatic after so many disappointments during his eleven year struggle.

I was impressed with Molinari and his composure after two game destroying double bogeys in the final round.

Given the ability to play or watch... I would prefer to be playing any day. A great game made even greater when all the rules are followed. Now, I can only dream about all the courses I got to play and the foursomes who made those outings even more fun... despite my often disappointing rounds.

Ben Hogan remains my all time favorite and Byron Nelson was no slouch. Now the Tiger drama begins again in earnest. I wish him well.

#468722 - 04/15/19 08:53 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: Riceroni9]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Don't play golf, but my "other" number is right in the ballpark.

Not very proud of that at this stage of life.

Russ "hey, babe" Lay

#468745 - 04/16/19 12:59 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By DonM
I certainly can't throw stones. smile

Either can I Don.... But over 100 women?
Just saying.... Whatever

So Donny if you could have had 100 ... what number would you have stopped at? Be real. Just saying ... Whatever smile

#468746 - 04/16/19 01:03 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
So pleased to see Tiger back in the game again.

#468750 - 04/16/19 06:37 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: cgiles]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
It was announced that Tiger will be getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor. Jack and Arnie got it, so it follows that he should as well. They had to wait a little longer though.

#468779 - 04/17/19 06:22 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: Riceroni9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9

I was impressed with Molinari and his composure after two game destroying double bogeys in the final round.

This is a little OT.

Dave I hope you were smiling when you wrote the name Molinari. My last name is similar but it’s the Hungarian way it’s Molnar. Little story here, since we live in a very Italian area of Rhode Island when I make reservations in an Italian restaurant I never use the name Molnar, they can’t seem to get it right............when I say it’s Steve Molinari they have no questions and get the name right. smile Another couple of useless pieces of information at one time Molinari was the largest selling brand of Sambuca in Italy.

Here’s one for the books, last week we were traveling and stopped at a hotel where we had reservations. There was a guy in front of me, once he checked in and stepped away the clerk said what’s your name? I told her Steve Molnar, she immediately yelled to the other guy who was just leaving the lobby to come back. She said to him tell this man your name, the guy said it’s Steve Molnar. The chances of 2 guys with the same name checking in one after their other are slim to none, but we’ll both remember that for life. smile

#468788 - 04/17/19 08:01 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
The chances of 2 guys with the same name checking in one after their other are slim to none, but we’ll both remember that for life. smile

Steve, you'll remember it even more if it turns out to be a case of stolen identity smile smile smile. Better check your bank account and credit score smile.

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online