Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#468339 - 04/07/19 01:52 PM Re: Genos Update [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Robbo
Originally Posted By Impuls

The one thing I want them to do is to make the registration and storage much easier like

the new cp series. Example when using a registration you want to make changes and store a new one! It’s a nightmare. Please Yammy fix this, apart from that love this board.

Please explain further?

Hi DnJ,

Ok, so you have a registration 1 to 10 locked in and you want to store a new one but you don’t want to upset the one you are in or loose it?! On the new CP series when you go store, it asks you where you want to store it so you can’t overwrite the one you are in. In the Genos you have to push the memory store button to store the registration so you have overwritten the one you are in for a start, then you have to go to the internal registration program and then do a number of things to store a new registration memory and it’s quite confusing.

Hope that helps

#468340 - 04/07/19 02:05 PM Re: Genos Update [Re: Impuls]
Dnj Offline

Robbo.... I doubt this will ever change in Genos1.... Maybe genos2...? Do you use one registration per song or many? All operating systems are not the same even within the same company I really doubt an update will correct this type of storage facility.Ketron saves info very well ... It should be one push done especially while playing too. Korg the worst IMO.

Edited by Dnj (04/07/19 03:19 PM)

#468342 - 04/07/19 02:55 PM Re: Genos Update [Re: Robbo]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Impuls

The one thing I want them to do is to make the registration and storage much easier like

the new cp series. Example when using a registration you want to make changes and store a new one! It’s a nightmare. Please Yammy fix this, apart from that love this board.

Please explain further?

Hi DnJ,

Ok, so you have a registration 1 to 10 locked in and you want to store a new one but you don’t want to upset the one you are in or loose it?! On the new CP series when you go store, it asks you where you want to store it so you can’t overwrite the one you are in. In the Genos you have to push the memory store button to store the registration so you have overwritten the one you are in for a start, then you have to go to the internal registration program and then do a number of things to store a new registration memory and it’s quite confusing.

Hope that helps

I find very easy.
Go to memory banks by clicking the icon on the main screen, or hit both buttons Reg Bank -/+ at the same time.
Highlight Memory "Bank 10" click on "File" right upper corner
Click on "save" then "save here" right upper corner.
Change name to whatever you want, Click "OK"
Done. You have a new memory bank.
Hope this helps.
Eric

#468354 - 04/07/19 08:09 PM Re: Genos Update [Re: Impuls]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Korg: long press on Songbook, hit Write, then OK. Even when style is running. Pretty tough.

Edited by DonM (04/07/19 08:11 PM)

#468385 - 04/08/19 06:59 AM Re: Genos Update [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Korg: long press on Songbook, hit Write, then OK. Even when style is running. Pretty tough.

Yes songbook was a big improvement if you use it.... but it's the antiquated rest of the "folder system" OS which I always disliked and hasn't changed in decades to many pushes Grrrrr mad

My vote on OS ease of use to save info on Arranger kb is ..

1- KETRON
2- ROLAND
3- YAMAHA
4- KORG

Edited by Dnj (04/08/19 07:02 AM)

#468392 - 04/08/19 07:58 AM Re: Genos Update [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Yes songbook was a big improvement if you use it.... but it's the antiquated rest of the "folder system" OS which I always disliked and hasn't changed in decades to many pushes Grrrrr mad

1- KETRON
2- ROLAND
3- YAMAHA
4- KORG

Thats probably because you have no Genos experience, where it comes to ease of use for saving things... Genos made a huge step due to both the touchscreen interface as well as the new list structure... which in my vision combines the best og Korgs playlist with Yamahas performance memmorie banks...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#468394 - 04/08/19 08:52 AM Re: Genos Update [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

1- KETRON
2- ROLAND
3- YAMAHA
4- KORG

Thats probably because you have no Genos experience, where it comes to ease of use for saving things... Genos made a huge step due to both the touchscreen interface as well as the new list structure... which in my vision combines the best og Korgs playlist with Yamahas performance memmorie banks...

You are absolutely right bachus about not touching a genos yet,....
I seriously doubt it would ever change how I perform music...but anyway....
my findings are in past experiences from years of playing arrangers since their inception,..hopefully you are correct, but in a real live performance setting is my main concern always was,....good to hear Yamaha is slowly making progress with its OS in some way,...next they can update the VH2 bringing it up to TC helicon standards somehow for serious singers. Until someone shows me the tracking will compete with TC helicon I will remain a skeptic at best. My other pet peeve is genos is Too big real estate wise...no reason for that.
And lastly why no TILT screen on a TOTL expensive KB? Other then that I agree its a fantastic sounding arranger for sure.

#468420 - 04/08/19 10:02 PM Re: Genos Update [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

1- KETRON
2- ROLAND
3- YAMAHA
4- KORG

You are absolutely right bachus about not touching a genos yet,....
I seriously doubt it would ever change how I perform music...but anyway....
my findings are in past experiences from years of playing arrangers since their inception,..hopefully you are correct, but in a real live performance setting is my main concern always was,....good to hear Yamaha is slowly making progress with its OS in some way,...next they can update the VH2 bringing it up to TC helicon standards somehow for serious singers. Until someone shows me the tracking will compete with TC helicon I will remain a skeptic at best. My other pet peeve is genos is Too big real estate wise...no reason for that.
And lastly why no TILT screen on a TOTL expensive KB? Other then that I agree its a fantastic sounding arranger for sure.

While i fully agree with your criticisme (vh2, size, tilting screen) from your point of view. They are not an issue for me and many other homeplayers..1st i don’t use the vh2 as i don’t sing... 2nd i don’t mind the size, don’t have to move it, love the 76 keys, and the size somehow makes it feel majestic when sitting behind it..

The non tilting screen is definately a miss, while i can live witouth it, it would have been nice. But for playing in different ligh(stage/outside) tilting screen is a must... had to place my genos at an angle, because with the flat screen after long sessions my neck started to hurt.

On the other hand, the Genos and modx are still in their maiden voyage experience with me, i keep finding new sound combinations on both of the. Every day.. espescially Genos is so nice to just sit and play.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online