SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#468199 - 04/04/19 01:48 PM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
confused1 I think we are being very kind purchasing their products all these years...

What else were you going to use?

#468202 - 04/04/19 04:14 PM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj
confused1 I think we are being very kind purchasing their products all these years...

What else were you going to use?

Tony as I have said many times everything reaches a peak...
but something else will show it's face it's the way of the
tech world....

meanwhile who cares?.. you can still play great music with
most arranger kbs introduced in the last 10+ years without a problem if that's your bag. I can buy any model I want but amazingly and unintentionally I have learned a great lesson with this mid level Yamaha S670 and that is ....
It's the "player" that counts.... cool2

#468203 - 04/04/19 05:02 PM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

You're just finding this out? computer

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#468207 - 04/04/19 06:46 PM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By Dnj

You're just finding this out? computer

Gary cool

I always knew that Gary....
But many think new = sound better..

#468210 - 04/05/19 02:13 AM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Beakybird]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I must admit that, having taken my s970 out of my closet, I have new appreciation for Yamaha. I appreciate all my Pa4X and Audya can do, but there are many times I want a different sound, and my 970 sounds very good.

#468212 - 04/05/19 06:24 AM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Beakybird]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
It’s gotta be the player that counts I’ve been using the s970 here in Florida and have received plenty of positive responses from the audiences. I stop and think would the Genos or Pa4x get better positive responses? Maybe, maybe not.

I’ve also been using the Yamaha DGX 560 that is the lobby of the cancer treatment center here, I play mostly piano solo but in recent weeks I have started using the arranger styles in the DGX and I’m a little surprised to hear people are applauding in a facility. Keep in mind most people that come into the center are being treated for cancer, if they aren’t being treated they are there to support a loved one. In other words it’s not the happiest of places but that’s why they have musicians/pianists come in to play.

#468213 - 04/05/19 06:56 AM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Beakybird]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am preparing mine for the annual Easter dinner at our cultural center, with about 175 guests. What the s970 lacks in live drums and bass, it makes up for in lead voices and godzillions of styles. I think if I don't try and bring a knife to a gunfight, I will be fine. This is a quieter affair, with all guns left at the front desk.

#468214 - 04/05/19 07:01 AM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I am preparing mine for the annual Easter dinner at our cultural center, with about 175 guests. What the s970 lacks in live drums and bass, it makes up for in lead voices and godzillions of styles. I think if I don't try and bring a knife to a gunfight, I will be fine. This is a quieter affair, with all guns left at the front desk.

Bernie just EQ the high end of you drums within the styles
rhythm1/2 to give them some "sizzle" makes a world of difference.
And change some bass sounds to suit also for example: acoustic to finger etc,...have fun.... the S970 ain't no slouch. wink

Edited by Dnj (04/05/19 07:05 AM)

#468221 - 04/05/19 10:32 AM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

And change some bass sounds to suit also for example: acoustic to finger etc,...have fun.... the S970 ain't no slouch. wink

Agreed,
Plus I turn up the drum and base volume a little,
If they are still weak they get a bass boost too.
Makes a big difference.
Eric

#468223 - 04/05/19 11:06 AM Re: Yamaha. When will the PSR-S975 replacement come? [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By Dnj

Agreed,
Plus I turn up the drum and base volume a little,
If they are still weak they get a bass boost too.
Makes a big difference.
Eric

Yes sir never let the factory tell you how to sound!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online