SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#468088 - 04/01/19 10:54 AM Progress from Audya to SD9
Rule Offline

Hello, I am interesting about progress from Audya to SD9, as Audya has been produced about 10 years ago. What is expereance of SD9 owners and ex owners of Audya. And what should be in SD9 that Audya does not have.
I have both SD9 and Audya (sound is almost the same) but unfortunately still playing live gigs on Audya. I don't think about quality of styles - it is subjective, but other things.

Edited by Rule (04/01/19 10:56 AM)

#468092 - 04/01/19 12:05 PM Re: Progress from Audya to SD9 [Re: Rule]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
We don't have an Audya to compare sounds and styles, but one big difference would be the LaunchPad feature which is well suited for live playing. We are in the midst of creating some content that we will be releasing soon that is intended to be used in LaunchPad. It might worth the time to mess with LP a little and better understand if it's something that you could use in your live settings?

#468160 - 04/02/19 05:42 PM Re: Progress from Audya to SD9 [Re: Rule]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Hi Curt,
I'm eagerly waiting for the LP contents.
Any tutorial how to convert Yamaha styles to SD90?
Thanks

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#468164 - 04/03/19 04:02 AM Re: Progress from Audya to SD9 [Re: Rule]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Hey Jim,

Sorry, can't help on the Yamaha style conversation idea. I was thinking about starting a thread here to ask what type of content folks would be interested in for LP. Care to pass along any thoughts on that topic?

#468177 - 04/03/19 11:16 AM Re: Progress from Audya to SD9 [Re: Rule]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Maybe something in complex Pop, Rock, Ballad, Movie genres that showcase the mixtures of styles, audio and sequences mix. Example songs that changes tempo and style is 'Lord I Need You' by Matt Maher, Our God Is Greater (Orchesral version) by Chris Tomlin.
Thanks Curt

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#468180 - 04/03/19 12:08 PM Re: Progress from Audya to SD9 [Re: Rule]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Jim,

I should take this to another thread but just saw your response. So you are thinking of a complete LP project? We are leaning towards audio clips that you can use to build your own project. Some done using sounds in the 90 and some done using other sound sources that we have. Tried a few MIDI clips but not to sure we are going to go that route. The big problem is that you can play a min, maj7, etc. and depending on the pattern we record it can quickly become a train wreck. Not this case with an audio clip although we may/may not offer it the key that you want. Pros & cons to both I suppose. Like I said - I should start a new thread to see what input others have.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online