SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#467760 - 03/22/19 07:19 PM MidJay Plus, Midjay Pro, SD40
Chet Offline

Midjay plus, Midjay Pro, SD40.. l am new to these devices. I use the X4. It's been a workhorse for me. I purchased the MJ Plus when they 1st came out. I could not get it setup to replace the x4.. I could not get it to transmit midi out when in the keyboard mode. I have tried everything I know of to do it. Question.. is the MJ Pro and SD 40 the same on transmitting midi while in keyboard mode?

#467801 - 03/24/19 03:28 PM Re: MidJay Plus, Midjay Pro, SD40 [Re: Chet]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Chet,
I own the Ketron SD40. I control it with an M-Audio 49 key Keystation controller.
All I had to do was turn on the SD40, the turn on the Controller and I am able to play
styles - use registrations - play Wave or MP3 files.

I have never tried to use an Arranger keyboard to control the module.

Deane

#467869 - 03/26/19 04:50 PM Re: MidJay Plus, Midjay Pro, SD40 [Re: hammer]
Chet Offline

Thanks. I want to send midi data to an external device while in the keyboard mode. I have a lot of midi files all set up for vocalist and keyboard voice that need be sent. Too much work to change all the files.

Thank you for responding...

#467881 - 03/27/19 04:56 AM Re: MidJay Plus, Midjay Pro, SD40 [Re: Chet]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Chet - Can explain a little more about what you want to do? What do you mean by "keyboard mode"? How are you activating that? Are you using the player in the SD40 and want it to send MIDI data out based on the content of the MIDI file being played?

#468013 - 03/30/19 07:27 AM Re: MidJay Plus, Midjay Pro, SD40 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Chet Offline

I'm using Midjay Plus. 3 modes to operate. Keyboard, Mind in, accord. In the midi mode, it does xmit midi out. If you want to xmit data, it appears to only do that in Midi Mode. If I'm in keyboard mode playing patterns, it will not xmit midi out from the keyboard. Now, if it does, I have not found the way to do that.....

#468037 - 03/31/19 05:08 AM Re: MidJay Plus, Midjay Pro, SD40 [Re: Chet]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Chet - Now I think I understand. I just tried this config. On SD40, under "Play Mode" there are three options. "Master," "Accord.Style" and "Accord.Classic". I'm using the "Master" configuration. Next, in the MIDI section of the SD40, there are eight options. I changed from my normal config to "Player1 Out Only".

I have a MIDI controller connected to MIDI In1 on the SD40. From MIDI Out on the SD40, I went to MIDI In1 on an SD90. Next, I loaded a MIDI file on the SD40, and it plays the SD90. I verified that by turning the master volume up/down on both the 40 and the 90. Only the 90 is playing the MIDI file even though it is loaded on the SD40 player.

Next, I tried playing notes on the MIDI controller. Those notes only played on the SD40, not the SD90. The final test was to combine both options. I was able to play notes on the 40 (via the controller keyboard at the same time the SD40 was sending data from a MIDI file loaded in the Player to the SD90 which was the module that was playing MIDI file.

Is that what you want to do?

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online