SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#468017 - 03/30/19 08:52 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Fran Carango]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
IMHO arrangers will morph into workstations and be more software based. It just makes sense to have a system that can be customizd and upgraded as needed by the user. Why companies don't do this more is strange. They could charge for the software updates so as not to loose income from selling new keyboards.
It seems there are so many keyboardists out there using laptops for sounds and effects live that the soft synth market will only grow.

Bill, very few musicians I know have the patience to learn and use soft synths and
arranger software, taking advantage of vst's.

Fran agreed and I'm pne of them. I nowlook back and regret all the time I spent programming instead of advancing my playing. But this discussion is about the future and kids today are much more savvy and not afraid of technology so who knows.

#468018 - 03/30/19 09:08 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Bill
Nice post and good info but the one flaw I see is the two companioes you mention cater to the home organist, not the younger preforming musicians. Moon River on a 20K digital organ is fine if thats what you want but the manufactures need to go more after the new crop of players out there.
Just a "simple and fast" way to program your own backing tracks or convert SMFs to Styles would be a big step forward.
Adding new sound sets according to your playing needs woud also be some starter ideas. My BK9 has some SN voices, why can't I get or even buy more to add to the keyboard.

#468020 - 03/30/19 09:15 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Bill Lewis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill
Nice post and good info but the one flaw I see is the two companioes you mention cater to the home organist, not the younger preforming musicians. Moon River on a 20K digital organ is fine if thats what you want but the manufactures need to go more after the new crop of players out there.
Just a "simple and fast" way to program your own backing tracks or convert SMFs to Styles would be a big step forward.
Adding new sound sets according to your playing needs woud also be some starter ideas. My BK9 has some SN voices, why can't I get or even buy more to add to the keyboard.

You can convert SMFs to Styles in about 10 seconds on Korg PA4X. Not all perfect but a lot of them are very good.

#468022 - 03/30/19 10:46 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Bill

You can convert SMFs to Styles in about 10 seconds on Korg PA4X. Not all perfect but a lot of them are very good.

Don I think you finally found YOUR perfect arranger KB with the KORG Pa4x, ...what else could you ask for with your needs at this time?...... keys

#468024 - 03/30/19 11:33 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Don
Why did you tell me that ? I don't wanna buy another keyboard and now you made me think about it !!!
Korg sounds like a great machine, maybe there will be a software program that will work as simple and fast for Roland.

#468027 - 03/30/19 12:00 PM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Don
Why did you tell me that ? I don't wanna buy another keyboard and now you made me think about it !!!
Korg sounds like a great machine, maybe there will be a software program that will work as simple and fast for Roland.

Bill you and a korg Pa4x 76....
Perfect together... Just sayin keys

Edited by Dnj (03/30/19 12:11 PM)

#468043 - 03/31/19 07:09 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

That is until the few remaining that remember them
is still alive......and then there were none.. frown

There's my little Debbie Downer.

#468045 - 03/31/19 07:49 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

rotfl

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#468046 - 03/31/19 08:49 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By Dnj

rotfl

Let the truth be told wink ... or let's face reality,
the G70 is the "BEST" arranger Kb that ever was & ever will be!

#468048 - 03/31/19 09:50 AM Re: Why Arranger Keyboards Matter.... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By Dnj

rotfl

Let the truth be told wink ... or let's face reality,
the G70 is the "BEST" arranger Kb that ever was & ever will be!

Hmmmm ... Is Fran disguising himself as Donny?!? confused1

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online