SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#46791 - 09/20/02 09:04 AM KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
First Impressions From California

I find it amusing that the dance club performers and the lounge players have rejected the KN7000 as being too subtle. However, they are correct. This is a subtle instrument. And, it is very likely that the task of taming this new technological creature will be left to us old timers.

Visually it is stunning. While it is just 3 1/2 inches longer than the 6K, I think primarily due to the broad tilt up panel the impression is of a totally different look as compared to other keyboards. In the evening when I turn the lights down low in my music room, the panel lights along with the purple glow from the SD section produce a magical quality. I know that in the end a performer’s personality and performance is the key factor, however I can’t help feeling that the impact of this instrument will bring some extra twenties to the tip jar. Scott Yee will no longer have to tape over the Technics logo.

The first notes played showed two different things. The touch is a bit firmer than my 6K. Just enough so that percussive sound (piano, etc.) can be played with greater precision. However, the ability to play legato strings or woodwinds hasn’t been effected. This instrument is extraordinarily loud. The new amplifier and speaker combination produce greater clean, undistorted volume than one could tolerate for any extended period of time. A note of caution. Because I hadn’t carefully isolated the keyboard from the stand, the powerful bass sounds caused a frightening resonance in the stand. This was easily corrected, but resulted in a moment of panic.

Of course the sounds are what Technics is famous for and the KN7000 has once again taken a hugh leap forward. While the incredible organ and guitar samples have frequently been mentioned, there are many other new voices that have been added. There is a whole new selection of soloist reed instruments, new pianos and new strings. I was looking for an improved cello and got it. All of my edited sounds from the 6K play without correction and I’m looking forward to improving them with the new samples.

The overall sound is excellent for my taste. The spacial quality of the 6K has been retained. The mid tones seem to be more clearly defined and the bass is full and rich with a smooth response all the way to the highest highs. The sound processing is as excellent as the 6K, with more control of the individual Composer parts. And, the very demanding organ voices, which were a bit of a strain for the 6K prove to be no problem for the new amp. and speakers.

I guess we are all guilty of having an insatiable appetite for Composer Patterns, and it’s been suggested that 220 just isn’t enough. However, by using the Sound Arranger that 220 can easily be more than doubled. The 7K brings many new intros and endings to familiar patterns and quite a few outstanding new patterns. One group that is intriguing to me is called Movie and Show with selections called Modern Opera, Summer Ballad, Tap Dancer and Secret Agent. The possibilities of mixing these up should make for some fun arrangements.

There is one simple thing that I’m sure many of you do, but hasn’t been written about. That is setting up your keyboard to sound like a particular band. As an example, lets say you want to entertain a group of friends by taking request and sounding like a small combo -- Bass, Drums, Guitar and your right hand playing piano. You may be asked to play some soft rock, latin and maybe some swing. The easiest thing to do is to go into the rhythms you plan to use and using Sound Arranger select the three instruments you want to use. The rub is that you need to mute the instruments that you don’t want to hear, and doing that every time you change a rhythm is a pain. The easy solution is to go into Sound Edit and select any sound you don’t need for this program and turn off all the sounds. You could rename it MUTE. Now back to the Sound Arranger, just put the MUTE file on the parts you don’t want to hear and when you select any of the rhythms that you have modified, you are good to go.

The SD card reader is not included with the U.S. keyboard and the only one that will work is the one supplied by Technics -- just under $200. The software on the CD, which is provided, only works on PC’s, so people using Mac’s can forget about any computer interface. A Virtual PC program, another $150, may work, but I don’t know for sure. There also seems to be a problem for Mac’s on the KN7000 web site. I was unable to load one of the downloaded files from the site into the keyboard. I’ll investigate further and let you know.

I think it is clear that my first impressions of the keyboard are very positive.
It’s very much like meeting an old friend that you haven’t seen for a while. They have gained new wisdom that they will share with you and together you will be able to make some beautiful music.

From the California Central Coast where this KN7000 may be the only one to ever see the light of day, may music be an important part of your life.

Frank Bez www.kool-keys.com

#46792 - 09/20/02 10:16 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Frank Bez:
HI very nicely written FRANK,best regards from the north across the border from you , BENNO

#46793 - 09/20/02 10:37 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
technicsplayer Offline

if you want to play trio with sound arranger changing the preset voices and other accompaniments muted you don't need to go to all the complication of making mute sound edits and setting them in every arranger setup. Just set the msa to panel memory, mute the accomp tracks in the display and save 4 registrations. You can play as many presets and variations as you like, with different sounds in the sound arranger, and the accomps 5, 4, and/or 3 will remain muted permanently. Then there is no need to set mute sounds in every accomp part 5, 4 and/or 3 in every sound arranger setup you choose, you can just ignore those parts.

#46794 - 09/20/02 11:50 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bluebird Offline

Thanks for your first impresion of 7000.
Two questions:
1. Is there a vocal harmonizer? Similar to weak one in the 6500?
2. About disquette for convert styles from other manufacturers. Is it possible now convert styles from VA-7, CVP-209, PA-80, etc.? What quality conversions have? Have you made it?
3. Does all Technics old styles work fine on KN7000?
Thanks a lot.

#46795 - 09/20/02 11:57 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

Thank you Alec,
It’s good of you to show how many choices the Technics player has in customizing their instrument. The reason I prefer the MUTE technique is because in other styles of playing, for example theater organ, there may be a part which only plays in Variation 3 or 4 of a rhythm that adds a nice dimension to the pattern and this opportunity changes from rhythm to rhythm.

#46796 - 09/20/02 12:13 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
technicsplayer Offline

in that case why not put them all in banks of panel memories 26 styles to a load, keeping the 4 registrations per style, and you can name everything to keep tabs exactly where you are at any one time? The panel banks will load in a blink after 26 songs worth.

#46797 - 09/20/02 12:18 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

WOW, yet another way to go. I bet there are even more.

#46798 - 09/20/02 12:28 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
technicsplayer Offline

sure, I always look for the easiest way to do things.

#46799 - 09/20/02 12:36 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Fine report Frank - Thanks. Glad you like it

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#46800 - 09/20/02 12:46 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bluebird Offline

Thanks for your first impresion of 7000.
I rewrite my last message, to do a question more.
Four questions:
1. Is there a disk direct style function, for to load styles directly from disk without save them in user area?
2. Is there a vocal harmonizer? Similar to weak one in the 6500?
3. About disquette for convert styles from other manufacturers. Is it possible now convert styles from VA-7, CVP-209, PA-80, etc.? What quality conversions have? Have you made it?
4. Does all Technics old styles work fine on KN7000?
Thanks a lot.

#46801 - 09/20/02 02:02 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

Hi Bluebird,
Alec (Technicsplayer) has answered all of your questions in previous posts. I’ve just had the KN7000 a few days and would hate to mislead you on any of these matters. Please refer to the excellent information he has given the past several weeks regarding technical matters.
Frank

#46802 - 09/20/02 03:32 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Frank: Thanks for your excellent KN7000 review. WOW ! Congratulations on being one of the FIRST lucky people here in California to not only to get to play the KN7000, but to actually own a KN7000 as well. Sounds like your KN7000 is not only a terrific sounding instrument but a stunning work of art & design visually as well, and as such should compliment your equally beautiful home which overlooks your stunning view of the Pacific Ocean. I realize I'm going to have to make a special trip down your way to hear you play it. Technics has always exceled in classic orchestral instrument voices and it appears the KN7000 continues to improve on this as well. I've always been impressed with the KN6000 acoustic (Steinway grand) sample, so am curious just 'how' the 'new' KN7000 acoustic piano sound has changed from the already impressive KN6000's. Is the tone richer, deeper, darker, or? I'm also glad to hear that the 7000 key touch is now firmer than the 6000 because I always thought my 5000 didn't have enough key resistance. Frank, I'm sure your organ & keyboard club is anxiously waiting for you to put on a show for them featuring your KN7000. We're all looking forward here on the Technics forum to hearing you record some music (MP3 format) on your KN7000 as well. Congratulation again on your new acquisition. - Scott

BTW: If I end up purchasing the KN7000, I guarantee I won't be wanting to cover up the Technics logo THIS time. ; - Scott

#46803 - 09/20/02 05:11 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Eli Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks very much for your excellent KN7000 review.

regards

Eli

#46804 - 09/20/02 07:05 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Lucky Frank: Just can't understand how you, an actual owner can write such a beautiful. well thought out and worded post, obviously created in truth and honesty as you know the facts to be, and so many others on this and the Zone Forum, just cannot bring themselves to compliment Technics in any manner or form. It sometimes seems they just choke on the word Technics. I wonder why this is such a mountain to climb for so many. I of course, am a Technics owner, and love the "user friendleness" of their boards, which is so helpful for a beginner like me. I look over other brand keyboards, whenever I get the opportunity, but I would never put them down for any reason, as that would reflect on me and not on the product. Just one man's opinion of course, remembering what I have read on these forums, but not referring to any one person or person's. Have much pleasure Frank, and please continue informing us on the many things you will be learning as you and the KN-7000 really get acquanted. ARJ

#46805 - 09/20/02 07:51 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
You did a fine job on reporting your first impressions of the KN7000.
I have had mine for 11 days and agree that it is a fine instrument.
The amp. is powerful, the organ sounds are the best I have ever heard in a keyboard or in fact, on lots of bigger organs.
Rhythms are a compliment to the voices.
Only problem I have encountered is trying to quit playing it. It is hard to shut it off. This keyboard is a winner ! Lloyd

#46806 - 09/20/02 09:01 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
Nice report....Apparantly your computer system is also Macintosh....I found out early from Technics that the PC format was it. Won't know for sure whether there is a way around this siutation until I get
my unit. Anyway glad you got your KN7000 and obviously like it. Mel in Florida

#46807 - 09/21/02 01:18 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello Frank,
A good review for a very good keyboard indeed.
You say the following :
"The SD card reader is not included with the U.S. keyboard and the only one that will work is the one supplied by Technics -- just under $200. "
The sd card reader is not included in Belgium but since I bought a kn7000 in England there was a card reader supplied.
I already had a sd card reader (not technics) and he also works. It costed only 25$. Look at ebay you will find one at this price.

Alain falling in love with his kn7000...I better not say this to loud or my wife will....

#46808 - 09/21/02 07:02 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Frank, enjoyed your review. I have seen a KN7000 now and was very impressed....I'm hoping I'm able to own one also. The new organ tabs are fabulous!

Arthur, I know what you mean, I've wondered quite awhile why so many that post on the SynthZone General Arranger Forum are so Anti-Technics. I'm wondering if it's because Technics has always been geared to the home musician. Most of the other brands they like have Pro divisions. A PRO player can't admit to liking a "lowly" home player instrument. Funny I stupidly bought a Roland VA7 as a second keyboard. (Now trying to sell it) I hear them brag on the wonderful sounds while knocking the KN sounds. I hear the opposite myself. Actually I think my Kn6000 sounds better than Roland's top of the line organ!

Marilyn

#46809 - 09/21/02 07:41 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Will no longer have to tape over the Technics logo?

Why in the world would anybody want to duct tape the logo? Maybe the letters were falling off? Misspelled? Never seen anybody buy a Chevy or a Caddie, a Ford or a Lincoln and duct tape over the logo. Even if someone bought a Japanese car and didn’t want anybody to know they didn’t by American I never heard of them duct taping the logo. Duct tape, good stuff, many uses but that's a new one. I have to admit however I did have a strange application for the use of duct tape presented to me by none other than my wife Ruthie. As you all know we have been married well over fifty years. My cute, lovely little bride of many years adores me and cant restrain herself from kissing me many times during the day. When we wake up, when I go to work, when I come home and just for the heck of it sometimes. Sometimes even in public she gets carried away and gives me a little smackaroo. But there has been a few times during our married bliss she has suggested she would very much like to put a slab of duct tape over my mouth. Now that leaves me at a loss. As much as she loves to kiss, why the tape? Why alter the product? That got me thinking. Why? Just why do people do the things they do? Well, Ruthie goes every saturday morning to the local beauty works to get herself beautified. Women spend hours trying to cover up thing-a-ma-jigs on their face. Guys spend big bucks for phony hair. Got it! Enhancement!! That’s the answer!!! Enhancement!!!! Has Ruthie been kissing my roll of duct tape? Does she find a certain quality in duct tape she likes? Only one way to find out. Do it! Being a practical man I opened my tool box, grabbed the roll of duct tape and gingerly kissed it. Nothing! Using both hands I again pressed it firmly to my lips. Still nothing. Hmmmm. Could it be the other side? The hidden side. Always two sides to everything. I wonder. Peeling off a bit from the roll, exposing the business side of the tape, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and did it. I’ve got to admit there was a certain sticktoativness quality to the osculation. But the after effects was kind of like kissing somebody with very bad breath. Also it lingered. Finally had to go upstairs to the bathroom, get my toothbrush and give my lips a good brushing.

I can’t figure it but does anybody have any ideas on this duct taping thing? Why?

Grandpa Doug

#46810 - 09/21/02 01:01 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Get real, Grandpa - Technics keyboards are famous for pressing a button or two and making professional sounding music. No performer wants his or her audience to know how untalented they are, so they tape over the unmentionable name and no one knows what they are playing or pretending to play. This way, they can stick a wad of bubble gum in their mouth, blow bubbles at the audience and be praised for their great talent and sound. :rolleyes

#46811 - 09/21/02 01:25 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Scottyee Offline

Re: Taping over keyboard logos:

I've NEVER used duct tape on any of my keyboards (including the KN5000). I covered up the Technics name on my KN5000 (with my own 'name-logo' sticker, NOT duct tape) only because the club owner I was working for at the time, insisted on it because he felt that Technics didn't have the keyboard name brand recognition (according to him) that Yamaha, Roland, and Korg had. He may have been wrong in his reasoning, but I needed that job (steady work) so agreed to paste my own logo name sticker over the Technics name. In the end though, I must admit having my logo sticker appear on the keyboard (side facing the audience) ended up being a good marketing tool. Afterall, Technics doesn't pay me for promoting their keyboard, so why not promote myself instead.

On the subject of duct tape:

Believe it or not, I've actually attended several big name concerts where the keyboard logo & name was actually covered with 'duct' tape. I assume that the artists may have been protesting the FREE promotion the keyboard brand manufacters get when their keyboards appear on stage, yet the artist not compensated.

I rest my case. . . with duct tape over my lips.

#46812 - 09/21/02 02:42 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bill Norrie Offline

Hey Scott - Howya gonna sing like that ?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#46813 - 09/21/02 03:43 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Better????????.

Walter.

#46814 - 09/21/02 04:53 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hey Scott - Howya gonna sing like that ?

Hi Bill: I had to rip it off right away. Guess Grandpa was right . . . duct tape tastes terrible.

#46815 - 09/21/02 06:47 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Marilyn: Thanks for your answer to my post. I think you have a valid point, and I will think on that for a while. This Forum is so beautiful, when people post kind and thoughtful ideas to each other. Regards ARJ

#46816 - 09/22/02 01:19 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Arthur R. Jacobs:
so many others on this and the Zone Forum, just cannot bring themselves to compliment Technics in any manner or form. It sometimes seems they just choke on the word Technics.

I think what you have on the general Arranger forum are a minority of gurus who would like to think they are the worlds authority on all keyboards but in reality
when it comes to the serious stuff they are lost in a quagmire of self praise & admiration & so find it hard to admit when a new KN comes along that it may be just a little bit different & in front of it's competition. But when it comes to just singing along to SMF's then I guess just any old keyboard would do.

#46817 - 09/22/02 07:20 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Douglas Dean Offline

Hay, you guys and gals are getting close.

Quote: “A PRO player can't admit to liking a "lowly" home player instrument. Funny I stupidly bought a Roland VA7 as a second keyboard. (Now trying to sell it) I hear them brag on the wonderful sounds while knocking the KN sounds. I hear the opposite myself.”

Marilyn, nothing wrong with your ears. As you say, ‘I hear them brag’ . Who is them? I take it you mean the self appointed PRO player. I agree with that. I know they are PRO’s because if you don’t believe it, just ask them. In fact they will offer that bit of information on every post they make with out even asking them. PRO must be an abbreviation for something. Reading what they say about their boards and what they say about our home keyboards gives me a clue as to why they call themselves PRO people. PRO = ‘Pretty Rotten Opinions’. Or, ‘Poor Reputable Observations’. Come on guys, let’s give Marilyn a hand and see if we can dig up one of these PRO people so she can dump this VA7 thing.

Now, now Johnnie.c, your getting close to the root. As the old saying goes, “The truth hurts”. Just like a bad tooth, when the drilling for the answer to the problem gets close to the root or truth of the cause it starts to hurt. When it starts to hurt real bad then the screaming starts. I believe I am already hearing some huffing and puffing. I give you both a lot of credit for saying it like it is. Johnnie you got it pretty well nailed. I’m sure others have ideas on this phenomena as Art expresses it - It sometimes seems they just choke on the word Technics. I wonder why this is such a mountain to climb for so many. Don’t be bashful guys and gals, tell it like you see it. Once you bring something out into to open and air it out the stink blows away and it smells fresh and clean once again. Wouldn’t that be be nice Art? This forum becomes beautiful again? Kind of like Ruthie. She hangs her clothes out in the light of the sun and the caressing of the breeze. She gathers them in after a while and then says to me, ‘Don’t they smell so fresh again”? Then I say, ‘Ruth your so sweet, they sure do’.

Just the way I see it.

Grandpa Doug

#46818 - 09/22/02 08:49 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
These day's it seems that if someone post the slightest negative comment about a technics instrument they lay themselves open to public abuse and ridicule. I don't understand it and to be honest I don't want to anymore.

It really is pathetic that you can deride good people and pour scorn on their professionalism simply out of malice and with NO good reason. Whatever some of you may think these people make a good living at what they do and they would not do that simply by 'singing along to smf's'.

Ok so I rose to the bait and you can tell me so (I am sure you will at length), but it is no joke anymore. You obviously don't care what effects your words have on people so I will oblige you with the same lack of courtesy. However much you dress the barb with homespun yarns of domestic bliss the intent is always more than obvious, it is contemptuous and spiteful.

The fact that someone does not play a technics does not make them any less a professional, any less likely to have a relevant opinion or any less likely to be able to give advice worth listening to. Only an imbicile would think otherwise.

The people you seem to loathe have been here for years. While the 'technics people' were busy spoiling the canada forum they were here. While the 'technics people' were busy spoiling the technote forum they were here. Now you are spoiling this forum and they are here. When history repeats itself and you move on somewhere else they will still be here. The difference is that when you do move on again I won't be coming along for the ride. This is not fun anymore.

That being said there are some wonderful people here. It really is a privelage to know most of you. It is such a shame that the bitching and sniping of a few are fast making this place somewhere to be avoided, for me at least.

Tony

#46819 - 09/23/02 05:27 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Well said, Tony.

#46820 - 09/23/02 07:47 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Douglas Dean Offline

My my, some feathers are getting ruffled already. Tony you say you don’t understand it and I believe you. When you state someone posts the slightest negative comment they open themselves to abuse is your opinion. The statement on this thread was I hear them brag on the wonderful sounds of their brand while knocking the KN sounds. Real professionals don’t do that. If you will read what I said about pro’s I very clearly said self appointed pro’s. There are good professional people on these forums. It is very easy to spot them. They will tell you what kind of instrument they play and why they have chosen it. They will tell you the other brands they have tried and the reason they do not use them and be very frank about it. But brag how good the one they use sounds and and how lousy another persons choice is, NEVER. Just as an example, Uncle Dave will tell you he has a certain style of playing. He has a way of doing things. He will stress he is comfortable with what he does and if he finds a machine that most fulfills his needs, that, by George, is what he is going to use. He has an open mind and will try almost every new generation of keyboards. He will tell you quite frankly what he liked and what he did not like about the thing. I have heard him comment on very nice things about a certain product but explain why it will not fit into his modus operandi. Never brag his choice and belittle others. I hate to use Uncle Dave for my point because there are also others of his stature. But you say you don’t understand and I believe you.

My homespun yarns of domestic bliss also seem to get under your skin. Sorry about that, but that is the way I talk because that is the way live and that is my philosophy of life and that is what I will go to my grave with.

Quote: - “The fact that someone does not play a technics does not make them any less a professional”. Tony Tony. The only person I have ever heard say that was you. If you believe that is a fact then I suppose nobody can change your mind. If you can show me a quote of anybody ever making that statement other than you I shall apologize. An imbecile? Maybe I am. One of the first words of wisdom I learned as a little kid in grade school was: Sticks and stones will hurt my bones but names will never hurt them. I think I shall apply that as a salve.

My oh my, ‘the technics people’ spoiled the canada forum and the ‘technics people’ spoiled the technote forum? I had no idea! That’s terrible!! That’s unconscionable!!! That’s downright mean!!!! That's dirty dirty mean!!!!! What? Don’t tell me! The ‘technics people’
are are now doing their best to destroy the synth forum? Well I declare! Those rotten old ‘technics people’. Someone ought to have a real down to earth talk with them. I gotta say one thing though, seems like ‘these technics people’ are a persistent bunch. They keep shooting themselves in the foot, eh Tony?

As an apologist you do have one mockingbird.

Oh well, that’s the way the ball bounces,

Grandpa Doug

#46821 - 09/24/02 12:37 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
its not what you play its the way that you you play it,if you can play one keyboard you can play any keyboard.even if we do pretend it is'nt a keyboard at all!
and for goodness sake stop arguing and lets get back to the technics friendly forum while we still have some members left

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 09-24-2002).]

#46822 - 09/24/02 11:02 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

Dear Friends,

I can’t believe where this topic has gone. My intent was to simply give a few impressions regarding the KN7000. And, poke a little fun at the wonderful players who share their knowledge with us. Uncle Dave, the Grand Uncle of the Arranger Forum liked the 7K with the exception of the drums. Who can argue with his needs. I hope you all have had a chance to hear Dave perform. I consider him a national treasure, for there are very few performers who can present a song better than he can. I couldn’t care less what keyboard he is playing.

Of course I knew why Scott Yee had to cover the logo on his KN5000. Accommodating an important client’s request is what being successful in business is all about. And, Scott is extraordinarily successful in a very competitive market. It’s rare to find a superb vocal stylist who can play as well as Scott does. Even though he has taken a side step playing the Yamaha 2000, he has been a great supporter of Technics, and I know he is keeping an open mind regarding the KN7000.

I hope this puts a clear view on my comments. There was no intent to be divisive. Why can’t we all be friends?

Frank

#46823 - 09/24/02 11:30 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Good point Frank. I read your original post "First Impressions" and thought wow, now we're getting somewhere---reactions from someone who owns the 7000 to be followed by others with their impressions as well. Boy, do threads take detours. I suppose if someone throws down the gauntlet, others feel compelled to respond. If you've got to duke it out with someone, why not just send them an email and leave the forum out of it? Of course, someone will say "but that's what the forum is for etc....." Heck, I get enough crankiness daily at work without having to experience more here. Let's hear more about the 7000, since it may be a while before I (and maybe others) ever see/hear one.

#46824 - 09/27/02 03:16 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
Great to read your comments Frank, have just ordered my KN7000 without seeing or hearing it, will not sell my trusty 6000 until I've got the new keyboard sorted though.
Sincere regards

#46825 - 10/27/04 11:09 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Catsailor:
I thought this was a Technics forum!!! Silly me, I also thought people would discuss Technics instruments on this forum. Let's face it, we all buy the instruments that have what we can afford and make do with what we have. We each have different requirements based on skill and need. There is no reason to put down any instrument or individual. An opinion is just that, an opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but at least have the maturity to allow a person to express his/hers. Now, I like the information that is expressed on this forum. I learn a lot from what everyone says (even the down-homey stories!) Whether your a beginner or a pro, keep the information, questions, and constructive criticisms coming.

Peter

#46826 - 10/27/04 06:38 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
And one more compliment to the KN7000.

As far as I am concerned, the KN7000 offers the very best sequencing system in the world from a keyboard. I would be very lost and dejected without it.

Larry Gosmeyer

#46827 - 10/27/04 07:11 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by larry gosmeyer:
As far as I am concerned, the KN7000 offers the very best sequencing system in the world from a keyboard.

Larry, as a former Technics keyboard owner (KN5000), I can't AGREE MORE with you here. The Technics onboard 'sequencer design' remains unsurpassed! As much as I appreciate my Yamaha Tyros for LIVE stage work, I truly MISS the Technics Sequencer which allows you to quickly & easily add/change style variations, endings & fills 'at will' to a 'sequenced' song. I only wish the other arranger keyboard manufacters would take Technics lead with this excellent sequencer feature. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#46828 - 10/28/04 02:27 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
I would just like to concur with Scott + Larry re the KN7K sequencer,I LOVE it! It's very easy to use,intuative and with great editing features;without wishing to appear boastful,I think I've produced some very pleasing stuff with it,s help.Many thanks Matsushita!
You guys really should'nt get so steamed up,this music making lark is FUN!Enjoy!
Regards,David.

#46829 - 10/28/04 04:41 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bill Norrie Offline

I agree wholeheartedly with Larry and Scott. I bought a Tyros about a year ago to complement my KN7000. Although I really liked some of the sounds and styles, I found the operating system unfriendly, compared to the KN7000. Editing sounds, sequences and styles was a bit of a nightmare, compared to the KN7000. After a few months, I sold the Tyros

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online