SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#46821 - 09/24/02 12:37 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
its not what you play its the way that you you play it,if you can play one keyboard you can play any keyboard.even if we do pretend it is'nt a keyboard at all!
and for goodness sake stop arguing and lets get back to the technics friendly forum while we still have some members left

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 09-24-2002).]

#46822 - 09/24/02 11:02 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Dear Friends,

I can’t believe where this topic has gone. My intent was to simply give a few impressions regarding the KN7000. And, poke a little fun at the wonderful players who share their knowledge with us. Uncle Dave, the Grand Uncle of the Arranger Forum liked the 7K with the exception of the drums. Who can argue with his needs. I hope you all have had a chance to hear Dave perform. I consider him a national treasure, for there are very few performers who can present a song better than he can. I couldn’t care less what keyboard he is playing.

Of course I knew why Scott Yee had to cover the logo on his KN5000. Accommodating an important client’s request is what being successful in business is all about. And, Scott is extraordinarily successful in a very competitive market. It’s rare to find a superb vocal stylist who can play as well as Scott does. Even though he has taken a side step playing the Yamaha 2000, he has been a great supporter of Technics, and I know he is keeping an open mind regarding the KN7000.

I hope this puts a clear view on my comments. There was no intent to be divisive. Why can’t we all be friends?

Frank

#46823 - 09/24/02 11:30 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Good point Frank. I read your original post "First Impressions" and thought wow, now we're getting somewhere---reactions from someone who owns the 7000 to be followed by others with their impressions as well. Boy, do threads take detours. I suppose if someone throws down the gauntlet, others feel compelled to respond. If you've got to duke it out with someone, why not just send them an email and leave the forum out of it? Of course, someone will say "but that's what the forum is for etc....." Heck, I get enough crankiness daily at work without having to experience more here. Let's hear more about the 7000, since it may be a while before I (and maybe others) ever see/hear one.

#46824 - 09/27/02 03:16 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
Great to read your comments Frank, have just ordered my KN7000 without seeing or hearing it, will not sell my trusty 6000 until I've got the new keyboard sorted though.
Sincere regards

#46825 - 10/27/04 11:09 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Catsailor:
I thought this was a Technics forum!!! Silly me, I also thought people would discuss Technics instruments on this forum. Let's face it, we all buy the instruments that have what we can afford and make do with what we have. We each have different requirements based on skill and need. There is no reason to put down any instrument or individual. An opinion is just that, an opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but at least have the maturity to allow a person to express his/hers. Now, I like the information that is expressed on this forum. I learn a lot from what everyone says (even the down-homey stories!) Whether your a beginner or a pro, keep the information, questions, and constructive criticisms coming.

Peter

#46826 - 10/27/04 06:38 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
And one more compliment to the KN7000.

As far as I am concerned, the KN7000 offers the very best sequencing system in the world from a keyboard. I would be very lost and dejected without it.

Larry Gosmeyer

#46827 - 10/27/04 07:11 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by larry gosmeyer:
As far as I am concerned, the KN7000 offers the very best sequencing system in the world from a keyboard.

Larry, as a former Technics keyboard owner (KN5000), I can't AGREE MORE with you here. The Technics onboard 'sequencer design' remains unsurpassed! As much as I appreciate my Yamaha Tyros for LIVE stage work, I truly MISS the Technics Sequencer which allows you to quickly & easily add/change style variations, endings & fills 'at will' to a 'sequenced' song. I only wish the other arranger keyboard manufacters would take Technics lead with this excellent sequencer feature. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#46828 - 10/28/04 02:27 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
I would just like to concur with Scott + Larry re the KN7K sequencer,I LOVE it! It's very easy to use,intuative and with great editing features;without wishing to appear boastful,I think I've produced some very pleasing stuff with it,s help.Many thanks Matsushita!
You guys really should'nt get so steamed up,this music making lark is FUN!Enjoy!
Regards,David.

#46829 - 10/28/04 04:41 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I agree wholeheartedly with Larry and Scott. I bought a Tyros about a year ago to complement my KN7000. Although I really liked some of the sounds and styles, I found the operating system unfriendly, compared to the KN7000. Editing sounds, sequences and styles was a bit of a nightmare, compared to the KN7000. After a few months, I sold the Tyros

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online