SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#467827 - 03/25/19 11:24 AM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: dud]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By dud
For decades, I have performed as a keyboardist in the accompaniment bands of famous singers in my country, including recordings by these best singers, and I am in close contact to this day with musicians from the field, even though I have been playing private parties for the last 10 years. I do not know one of my fellow keyboarders to make a musical sketch of an automatic organ. They refer to an automatic organ as a non-serious instrument in which the player does not use his creativity but rather the creativity of Keyboard manufacturer and therefore do not use an automatic organ, although you can create an entire rhythm out of personal creativity, but why do so? When it is possible to perform simple playback on the internal sequencer of the instrument, or in a simple computer program?
really?

Maybe this is an idea for the not so serious musicians that want to make actuall money gigging? And therefor rely on solo gigs and or duo’s?

Anyway... next to backings... its also a creative tool.... hench the name workstation...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467830 - 03/25/19 01:09 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: Bachus]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
Donm ,please check in youtube in live music from the seventies till today of famouse bands and singeres , you won't find any arranger on the stage , and if you will find one -i did not - it will be only because someone wants to be original on the stage and i am shure that he does mot use it to make new songs.

#467832 - 03/25/19 01:25 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dud, you don't understand, I don't CARE what other people use or have used. The arranger has kept me from having to get a real job for many, many years. This is an arranger forum and not a place to be putting them down.

#467834 - 03/25/19 01:28 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By DonM
Dud, you don't understand, I don't CARE what other people use or have used. The arranger has kept me from having to get a real job for many, many years. This is an arranger forum and not a place to be putting them down.

AGREE!

#467866 - 03/26/19 01:52 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: Bachus]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
I am too an arranger player in the last ten yeares , but i am realistic.

#467870 - 03/26/19 05:21 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: dud]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By dud
I am too an arranger player in the last ten yeares , but i am realistic.

Me too. So realistic, in fact, that I have made my living with arrangers since they became good enough to take on stage ... and the 20 years before that. Today's sets include Arranger Styles, SMFs, MP3 trax, sequences, and straight live playing and singing, (Sometimes, I just go out front and ... well, FRONT)
but whatever the market will bear ... I intend to provide. I'm going down with this ship ... and not in the near future, if I can help it.
Your choice of tools is just a fraction of your act ... use what you need, play what you want, but do it with fire, energy, and most of all ... humility. Our audiences depend on us to wash off the everyday dust of life, right? (someone famous probably said that first)
smile

#467871 - 03/26/19 05:28 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: dud]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By dud
check youtube in live music ... you won't find any arranger on the stage

You cant believe anything you see or hear on the internet. Back in the 80s my friend got a job as guitarist with "Pretty Poison" - they loved his audition, his look, and his sound and hired him to tour. When he showed up for rehearsal, he had his amp of choice ... and it was NOT a Marshall Stack. The band leader wanted the look of the stack on stage, but Louie was committed to his "sound" so he hollowed out the bottom cabinet of the stack, and placed his little 12" combo amp inside, and that was the cab that they mic'd on stage. He rigged the input of the "dummy" head on to to connect to the hidden amp, and no one knew the difference.

Billy Joel has an entire arsenal of keys, and computers BELOW the stage that no one sees ... Hollywood, YouTube, Movies - it's all smoke and mirrors. Just get out there and make something happen.

#467874 - 03/26/19 07:47 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: Uncle Dave]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Now 1 week away from MM...no tidbits?

#467879 - 03/26/19 10:08 PM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: sparky589]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
Now 1 week away from MM...no tidbits?

Not a single one..

Also the fact that for the last 2 weeks filter settings on youtube do not allow a search of most recent vids does not help in finding new announcements on the tube...

Youtube disabled their search filters to prevent people from finding the latest horrific live footae from terrorisattacks that they where trying to remove..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467882 - 03/27/19 07:08 AM Re: Musik messe comming up [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

One, Two, Cha, Ch,a Cha, ....

~ Joe Ayala - R.I.P.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online