SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#467124 - 03/07/19 01:03 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have too, but I find too much to like with Korg and Ketron,

#467135 - 03/07/19 07:28 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was gonna send a Genos to Don, but the Two Fer deal never materialized. wink

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#467138 - 03/07/19 08:05 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I don't see the CC84 in the montage/modx spec.
I hope it works, as it is very important for me

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#467162 - 03/07/19 11:33 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DAN.2000
I don't see the CC84 in the montage/modx spec.
I hope it works, as it is very important for me

Enlighten me, why is it so important for you, its normally used for potamento, but i guess you use it for something else....

You want to send or receive it on the modx?

Never mind, just found out..
Quote:
Portamento (CC84) I am using to slide notes when changing chords

I will check my modx see if i can figure it out for you..

Edited by Bachus (03/07/19 11:39 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467176 - 03/07/19 04:02 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Thank you. Not easy to test without vArranger ! smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#467240 - 03/08/19 12:12 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

Between Bachus and Dan, the Yamaha MODX88 sounds very appealing to me. It looks huge, but only 30 LBS. I can live with that. The MODX combined with vArranger... as Dan mentioned sounds good to me though I thought I would never buy another big workstation type of a keyboard. I am waiting for a new model that will replace Casio's PX5s or the PX560 but now I am considering the MODX88 also.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#467242 - 03/08/19 12:23 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Torch]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
To my ears, my Genos has been the best sounding of the 6 or so arrangers I have owned.

It is a joy to play, gigging or at home for just pure enjoyment.

Actually, just watching Franks video on Genos shows what an amazing instrument the Genos is.

Edited by guitpic1 (03/08/19 01:45 PM)

#467266 - 03/08/19 11:07 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Between Bachus and Dan, the Yamaha MODX88 sounds very appealing to me. It looks huge, but only 30 LBS. I can live with that. The MODX combined with vArranger... as Dan mentioned sounds good to me though I thought I would never buy another big workstation type of a keyboard. I am waiting for a new model that will replace Casio's PX5s or the PX560 but now I am considering the MODX88 also.

The MODX 8 is on par with the Kronos where it comes to sound quallity. Its incredible light (lighter then my Genos) The keybed is on par with the CAsio's same level. Touch is on the light side tough.

For using with VArranger, it has 2 very nice advantages. the ease of use is incredibly easy. And there is enough room for both a Korg nano kontrol and a korg nanopad, witouth obstructing anything. Next patch will have the improved DAW controll section of the Montage.

IF Dan can make it fully integrate with Varranger (which no doubt will happen as he did do this for the Motif XF series and they should be backward compatible) then the combo VArranger/MODX becomes even stronger.

If the Varranger would have multipads, it would be on par feature wise with the top Totl arrangers.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467303 - 03/10/19 07:28 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Sitting on the sidelines... as I did for my brief "career" in Football... I'm dreaming of "affordability." Love my 970 and believe the "upgrade" learning time from 970 to Genos would be minimal. At today's price... I could never justify the cost unless I had the talent of so many of this site's participants.

Thank goodness, we can still dream... and enjoy our personal preferences.

#467316 - 03/10/19 04:40 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Torch

The MODX 8 is on par with the Kronos where it comes to sound quallity. Its incredible light (lighter then my Genos) The keybed is on par with the CAsio's same level. Touch is on the light side tough.

For using with VArranger, it has 2 very nice advantages. the ease of use is incredibly easy. And there is enough room for both a Korg nano kontrol and a korg nanopad, witouth obstructing anything. Next patch will have the improved DAW controll section of the Montage.

IF Dan can make it fully integrate with Varranger (which no doubt will happen as he did do this for the Motif XF series and they should be backward compatible) then the combo VArranger/MODX becomes even stronger.

If the Varranger would have multipads, it would be on par feature wise with the top Totl arrangers.
I will have to ask if Dan is going to support the MODX and multipads.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online