SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#467612 - 03/18/19 01:16 PM Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed
Bachus Offline

Who dares?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467617 - 03/18/19 03:59 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Looks like any easy simple fix if heavier keys is what you need..not for me I LIKE A LITE TOUCH. Everyone has different likes for their playing.

Edited by Dnj (03/19/19 07:13 AM)

#467619 - 03/18/19 05:17 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
While this may look relatively easy, I can assure you that it is easy to screw up as well. Having swapped out key pads for friends, it is very easy to miss-align those pads and keys, thus having to repeat the process more than once. Additionally, most of the musicians I've come across in my lifetime have absolutely no electro-mechanical abilities and need to call an electrician to change a light bulb. All of those tiny plugs are very easily damaged when plugging and unplugging them from circuit boards, especially if you do not have the right tool for the job. A small, metal screw driver is not the proper tool.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#467621 - 03/18/19 06:22 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

#467623 - 03/18/19 09:03 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: DonM]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
And there goes the warranty .... wink grin

#467624 - 03/18/19 10:28 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Eric, B]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
And there goes the warranty .... wink grin

Depends on where you live
Customer laws here in Holland describe that opening up a case does not void warranty

To get out of warranty claims, a company needs to proof you broke the equipment on purpose. Opening up a case, is not proof of that, not even glueing the weights or disabling the keyboard. You are allowed to tweak things during warranty according to our laws..

#467625 - 03/18/19 10:31 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Looks like any easy simple fix if heavier keys is what you need..not for me I LIKE A LITE TOUCH.

I also hear many complaints from people above the extremely light touch psr-s keybeds. However, my MODX6 is also very l;ight touch, and i grew accustomed to it rather fast, its no Genos touch however, which still feels a lot better.

Still wondering how much difference 5 grams of weight make?

#467631 - 03/19/19 06:41 AM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Light, and flimsy are two separate things. PSR keybeds are flimsy, and that's why I can't play them as expressively as other brands. If a PSR lineup had a Tyros keybed, I might still be a Yammmy guy.

#467674 - 03/19/19 08:26 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Bachus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Why not just buy a Steinway? LOL! That looks like a tricky little set of steps to remember without a road map. I know, I can always refer to the video again... but I suspect there may be a step or two missing or over-simplified. Then there is the "warranty thing" 'cause I believe it (the law) is much more favorible to the manufacturer than the buyer/owner over here in "The States!"

Interesting to watch, though! Thanks for sharing.

#467676 - 03/19/19 09:56 PM Re: Do it yourself, tweak/improve your psr keybed [Re: Bachus]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Honestly, anything would help those keys as they are too light even for me to get use to.
I did years ago, place 1/4" to 1/2" foam under the keyboard of my Casio WK3800 with double sided tape. It stopped the keys hitting the body every time you played a key. And it gave "some" feel albeit a spongy feel but to me better. I used it as a student and loaner keyboard.

Allan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online