SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#467342 - 03/11/19 08:44 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Just received the MODX6
Wow amazing machine smile

It is very cool to have an USB/AUDIO interface integrated, so you can play and mix the MODX sounds and VST instruments, almost plug and play

Still a lot to discover.........

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#467344 - 03/11/19 09:32 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
Impuls Online   content

Loc: Netherlands

#467356 - 03/11/19 12:03 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: DAN.2000]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By DAN.2000
Just received the MODX6
Wow amazing machine smile

It is very cool to have an USB/AUDIO interface integrated, so you can play and mix the MODX sounds and VST instruments, almost plug and play

Still a lot to discover.........
If you call the MODX amazing, it gotta be good. I hope vArranger will fully support the MODX.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#467359 - 03/11/19 12:38 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Actually, it works almost plug and play with vArranger
So bad it does not understand for now the CC84
Some sounds are a bit slow to change, few ms, probably the DSP are changing internally
For now, only styles that use a GM like drum kit sounds good
But for people who does not want to buy an arranger kb, it is a really great addition, to have a style player on the MODX. Better than the internal drum player smile

Dan

#467386 - 03/12/19 12:42 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Actually, it works almost plug and play with vArranger
So bad it does not understand for now the CC84
Some sounds are a bit slow to change, few ms, probably the DSP are changing internally
For now, only styles that use a GM like drum kit sounds good
But for people who does not want to buy an arranger kb, it is a really great addition, to have a style player on the MODX. Better than the internal drum player smile

Actually the drums on the MODX are quite good, comparable to the Genos..

Altough nothing like the Kronos, or some of the high end Drum VST's.

Offcourse the MODX is not arranger..
But when you add drums and arps for Bass, Guitar1, guitar2 on the left hand, you can have a kind of mini arranger. And then there is 8 scenes for pattern changes and voice changes.

But Varranger and MODX(or any non arranger keyboard) should work well together. Espescially when using the Varranger synth for the sounds.

Edited by Bachus (03/12/19 12:48 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467407 - 03/12/19 10:16 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

But when you add drums and arps for Bass, Guitar1, guitar2 on the left hand, you can have a kind of mini arranger. And then there is 8 scenes for pattern changes and voice changes.

Bachus, I thought the MODX can play 8 arps at a time, not just 4 like you mentioned. Maybe I misunderstood what you said a while back?

#467409 - 03/12/19 11:09 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem

Bachus, I thought the MODX can play 8 arps at a time, not just 4 like you mentioned. Maybe I misunderstood what you said a while back?

It definately can...

However, you can only assign 8 of the 16 voices to the keybed, so having 4 voices trough arps, leaves me with 4 voices for the right hand, keep in mind that modx sounds are different and some like the main piano have up to 4voices(thats 32 elements) but at best you could have 7 arps on the left, and 1 righthand voice..

But then in my book, simple 4 part styles sound really cool and live, in the end, what does a live band have more then a drummer, a bass, and 2 guitars? Maybe a keyboardist, but then thats the role i fill...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467419 - 03/12/19 03:41 PM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Mikem

It definately can...

However, you can only assign 8 of the 16 voices to the keybed, so having 4 voices trough arps, leaves me with 4 voices for the right hand, keep in mind that modx sounds are different and some like the main piano have up to 4voices(thats 32 elements) but at best you could have 7 arps on the left, and 1 righthand voice..

But then in my book, simple 4 part styles sound really cool and live, in the end, what does a live band have more then a drummer, a bass, and 2 guitars? Maybe a keyboardist, but then thats the role i fill...

That's great, Bachus! Thanks for clarifying that! smile

#467480 - 03/14/19 06:15 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

The MODX sounds very good with vArranger
Possible better than yamaha arrangers on some styles smile

Dan

#467482 - 03/14/19 06:25 AM Re: Bachus update,..how is GENOS so far? pro/con [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

The MODX sounds very good with vArranger
Possible better than yamaha arrangers on some styles smile

Can we hear some examples using the vArranger & Modx?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online