SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#466733 - 02/28/19 11:49 AM Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts
Dnj Offline

S670 came today and I'll get right into it without any fluff,......
sounds great, typical Yamaha, for the price I am very happy with that ..
trying to get setup quickly I put all my S970 files on a USB stick and as usual plugged it in and attempted to load REG & User Styles.First error message not enough on board RAM as expected no biggie there..... I can live with playing ALL my REG/Styles off a USB drive as I always have done with my Yamaha arrangers. BUT for some reason I thought I should have no problem doing this, but when I select a REG song it will not recognize the associated style and I have to load it manually from the user style bank on USB, same style as previous songs remains,.......what am I doing wrong?... the FREEZE boxes (styles) are unchecked,......all I wanna do is work from the USB stick and call up the REG song lists pages, select a song, and off I go as I always have done,......or do I have to setup everything from scratch again versus just a little tweaking? confused1 ...
frustrating at this point to say the least mad
any suggestions? appreciate it..

Edited by Dnj (02/28/19 12:18 PM)

#466735 - 02/28/19 11:53 AM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I suspect you are trying to get a Schwinn to do what a Mercedes does.
The Registrations only point to sounds and styles. If they are not on the keyboard or USB, then it can't find them.
I love the way Ketron saves the sounds and styles with each Registration. They don't even have to be in the keyboard.

#466736 - 02/28/19 11:54 AM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
EBAY NOW!!!! grin

For your needs it will work fine . Recording data into mixcraft and use the VST's/ audio loops.

Edited by Fran Carango (02/28/19 11:56 AM)

#466739 - 02/28/19 12:19 PM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I suspect you are trying to get a Schwinn to do what a Mercedes does.
The Registrations only point to sounds and styles. If they are not on the keyboard or USB, then it can't find them.
I love the way Ketron saves the sounds and styles with each Registration. They don't even have to be in the keyboard.

Don...all S970 REG & user styles are on the USB stick in a folder..
all associated OTS, tempo, key, etc is retained in the REG bank except the style itself. at this point I have to go though all the reg songs and assign the appropriate styles and tempos, key etc... one at a time....Grrrrrrrr.

Edited by Dnj (02/28/19 12:44 PM)

#466747 - 02/28/19 01:26 PM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Sorry to hear that Donny.
AS Don said they are in 2 different leagues.
The PSR S-670 has a lot less voices and features:

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musi...-76/10749/8710/

My feeling is that you might be happier starting from scratch ...
Good luck
Eric

#466748 - 02/28/19 01:37 PM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Sorry to hear that Donny.
AS Don said they are in 2 different leagues.
The PSR S-670 has a lot less voices and features:

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musi...-76/10749/8710/

My feeling is that you might be happier starting from scratch ...
Good luck
Eric

Hi Eric I can understand they are two different models,......I guess I just wanted to get it done the easy way,......now it will take a little more time to get my homework finished, but when it is I know I have made the right choice its just a matter of linking the registrations after choosing my custom user styles and assigning them to the song...should take a few days ....
There is alot to like about this arranger KB, Yamaha did a nice job .......take care.

#466750 - 02/28/19 01:48 PM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Donny,
It is certainly a great arranger for sure.
I looked at it once as a second KB and opted for the S970.
As I said you are missing some Mega voices and drum kits, which means you might have to revoice some styles.
Good luck and have fun.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Eric

#466752 - 02/28/19 01:52 PM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Congrats Donny.
Have fun and enjoy it, setup and finetune for the new keyboard is part of the excitement..
rocker
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#466756 - 02/28/19 02:42 PM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Guys appreciate it,..... I know I'm a finicky one lol but I have to say this unit really sounds terriffic,..bumped up the CMP/EQ a few notches and it came alive. I really like the navigational layout very well done and all is in the right places while playing lie. Once I got the feel for it I was on my way to getting it setup FOR MY way of playing to back up my vocals. Already have one REG bank all done, thank goodness all my custom styles were created a while back, ots, eq, filters, solo sounds, etc, and it's just a matter of assigning them to the REG songs and memories & save. No biggie just a few steps to save them, before long I'll have it all done.
And all in a lightweight 17lb package.

Edited by Dnj (02/28/19 02:44 PM)

#466790 - 03/01/19 08:07 AM Re: Yamaha S670 First look...good & bad thoughts [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Think of it as a disposable razor.
smile It only has to last a little while, then you'll toss it out.
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online