SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#466364 - 02/20/19 04:49 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Online   content

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Way to go Donny. Nice to see you’re making good progress with BIAB.

jingleman

#466365 - 02/20/19 05:31 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Way to go Donny. Nice to see you’re making good progress with BIAB.

jingleman

Thanx jingleman learning as I go..... I am getting creatively excited again! Can't wait to try my new Roland controller to add custom tracks too.
It's quite fun actually...... cool2

#466368 - 02/20/19 07:16 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#466369 - 02/20/19 07:19 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

clapsounds great Fran.... Time for the 2019 update.... I have the Ultra Pack.

#466370 - 02/20/19 07:27 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
clapsounds great Fran.... Time for the 2019 update.... I have the Ultra Pack.

I have the full package ,,, over 60GB on external hard drive..

2014 does not lack anything, that I can see with 2019... Maybe added more realtracks..

When you record the finish product make sure you select real tracks, or it will default to your sound card (Most likely Microsoft GS wave table).

#466371 - 02/20/19 07:40 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

For me the strength of BB2014 and newer (I think my BB2012 also).. The ability to play an audio file, maybe a song you want to learn. Into BB let it analyze the chords.. Then use the chord progression and select rhythm and instruments to suit you,, Now you have the new tune and it is your own.. You can also print a fake book version from BB.

#466372 - 02/20/19 08:56 PM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
For me the strength of BB2014 and newer (I think my BB2012 also).. The ability to play an audio file, maybe a song you want to learn. Into BB let it analyze the chords.. Then use the chord progression and select rhythm and instruments to suit you,, Now you have the new tune and it is your own.. You can also print a fake book version from BB.

Update to 2019 is well worth it.. also BIAB has the BEST customer service I have ever experienced with ANY company!!

Edited by Dnj (02/21/19 07:26 AM)

#466382 - 02/21/19 09:27 AM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
This discussion makes me take a step back.

Virtual arrangers and daw's replacing hardware arrangers for creating music at home has followed common studio use...will it, can it, should it totally replace an arranger for live use shortly? When some of the biggest proponents of keeping arrangers from extinction are using it, is it surprising manufacturers commitments and attention to arranger development are shrinking?

Why shell out thousands when far less will get you the same thing with software, a laptop and key controller?

Or does it?

Its been said that most of us don't even approach the full use potential of our instruments. I fear the increasing complexity may discourage some of our "graying" age group, and excludes some that aren't very tech or computer savvy from using virtual setups all together.

Do you want to do proportionately more programming than playing, or more playing than programming? Maybe that's the question to ask when deciding what will work for you...I wonder how long both options will exist.

Edited by sparky589 (02/21/19 10:02 AM)

#466387 - 02/21/19 09:52 AM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
This discussion makes me take a step back.

Virtual arrangers and daw's replacing hardware arrangers for creating music at home has followed common studio use...will it, can it, should it totally replace an arranger for live use shortly? When some of the biggest proponents of keeping arrangers from extinction are using it, is it surprising manufacturers commitments and attention to arranger development are shrinking?

Why shell out thousands when far less will get you the same thing with software, a laptop and key controller?

Or does it?

Its been said that most of us don't even approach the full use potential of our instruments. I fear the increasing complexity may discourage some of our "graying" age group, and excludes some that aren't very tech or computer savvy from using virtual setups all together.

And maybe, some of us just want to play music..

No matter how it's done you have to have the talent to create it. Nothing lasts forever... with so many options I can see why many are gravitate towards computer based programs versus hardware..

Edited by Dnj (02/21/19 10:01 AM)

#466389 - 02/21/19 10:01 AM Re: My 1st BIAB demo & 2nd... [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... When some of the biggest proponents of keeping arrangers from extinction are using it, is it surprising manufacturers commitments and attention to arranger development are shrinking?

Excellent question Sparky ... but I guess some might say "use all the tools available" ...

Or does it?

I can appreciate the joy of 'creating' because I feel that when I create a 'backing track' ... But if one is using software, a laptop, and a controller, what happens to the spontaneity and excitement of 'live' play? ... This is why, even though I do create some tracks, and even use a SMF for a few songs, 90+ % of my performance - especially for senior gigs - is 'style based' ... this allows me a lot of flexibility in performing medleys etc. 'on the spot' ...

PS: not judging, just commenting ...

Edited by tony mads usa (02/21/19 10:03 AM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online