SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#466155 - 02/16/19 09:00 AM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Same here - once it was set up, I never had to touch it again.

Gary

Gary that's great..... wish I had the same experience for me it worked sporadically at best for my VH uses, .....and on stage I couldn't trust it and that means bye bye eBay immediately!!....lol
Nothing better then an all in one onboard VH unit like KORG has with its TC helicon units installed.....too bad Yamaha doesn't think VH is important enough to redesign VH2....if they did it would make it so much better an arranger kb over all for singer/players IMO.
Maybe Genos2 will give us this who knows.

good luck to all that are successful.

Edited by Dnj (02/16/19 09:08 AM)

#466157 - 02/16/19 10:04 AM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
The problems occurs in trying to Sync send/receive the VH box via Midi settings to your left hand chords

Not a problem at all. The midi channels just have to match. Just a suggestion ... try triggering the harmonies from the RH ... you can get very creative with voice leading.

#466161 - 02/16/19 10:54 AM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
* I decided to start a new thread ...

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/466162/HELP:_Use_of_midi_channels_on_#Post466162

Edited by tony mads usa (02/16/19 10:57 AM)

#466165 - 02/16/19 12:10 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yamaha is not going to license anyone else to do their harmonizer, at least as long as their faithful following accept what they have. Only hope is that they improve it.
Most of the Yammy users don't know it's bad. And most probably don't use it anyway.'

#466166 - 02/16/19 12:29 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Yamaha is not going to license anyone else to do their harmonizer, at least as long as their faithful following accept what they have. Only hope is that they improve it.
Most of the Yammy users don't know it's bad. And most probably don't use it anyway.'

True Dat Don clap

#466170 - 02/16/19 04:44 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Midi is like telephone lines, both people have to be on the same line to communicate.
I set both keyboard and Harmonizer on channel five. Channel was for my left hand. It is the best if you want the unit to sing what you are fingering. But it is the most involved. There were times when a midi file changed my sending channel, that stopped all communication.

I like Gary’s and Don’s --- set it up and leave it alone. KISS
John C.

#466175 - 02/16/19 05:39 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK for sale [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I found the great thing about the TC Helicon Harmony-M, which is no longer in production, is how easy it was to set up the midi connection. The manual, however, is a pile of garbage. I read that damned manual a dozen times before finding the setup information on page 20. I can't believe how easy it was to do this. Never had a problem after the initial setup and everything syncs just fine.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online