SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#466108 - 02/15/19 04:28 AM Making Arrangements For Vocal And Instruments
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I play and sing fairly well, as well as good on harmonica, but not at the same time. I want to arrange a few songs featuring all three. This means automating portions, including using the Pa4X chord sequencer, SMF with markers to rearrange parts, and converting to MP3 where needed. I have done none of these.

As an example, On The Road Again might be a starting point. I would sing and play a guitar and harmonica. That is pretty straightforward on the keyboard, but at times, I would want to stroll around with my Roland Lucina Keytar. It plays MP3s or WAV from it's player, and no left hand chord control, but good lead voices.

This is where the question of automation comes in. I could do the following:
1. Record a live performance from the Pa4X,with or without the chord sequencer, leaving spaces for rifts etc.
2. Use a midi. place markers, and convert to Audio
3. If using the keyboard, I would use Chord sequencing. since harmonica uses both hands for accidentals, and I dislike using neck holders.

I, many times, have grandiose ideas, then hit a brick wall, but would appreciate and thoughts.
Bernie

#466110 - 02/15/19 06:02 AM Re: Making Arrangements For Vocal And Instruments [Re: Bernie9]
mellow1 Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi,
The wife and I sometimes want to do a few "novelty" tunes with ukulele and banjo and I've found the simplest way for us is to work up the arrangements with styles then record as midi. Then I make audio files which I will convert from wav files to mp3's. I can then put them in itunes and also on a flash drive to use as we see fit.
We can then use the keyboard as backing files or use either our ipads or a small portable speaker/mp3 player to accompany us for those few songs.
I also like to use the Eurolive B207 speaker system with mp3 player. It has xlr inputs for mics and has a lot of punch for a small speaker. It works fine for those times we may be away from the keyboard/pa system.

Skip

#466117 - 02/15/19 08:10 AM Re: Making Arrangements For Vocal And Instruments [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Good suggestions. Thanks Skip

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online