#46601 - 01/26/02 07:51 AM More Information
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Keynote Publications at http://www.keynotepublications.com markets
and publishes the extended manuals by Alec
Pagida. These include the "How Do I Do That"
extended manual for the Technics KN6000-
KN6500, along with the extended instruction
manuals for the HDSX6 and HDSX3 hard drives.
Shortly, there will be a supplement/manual
concering the installation and operation
of the HD-Tech Manager 6000. Please check
this site and the Keynote web pages for more information coming soon. You can also download several slide show for your keyboard
along with 20 professional styles that do
not have any copywrite restrictions. Follow the link on that page for 20 more.
Walt Tenay

[This message has been edited by Walt Tenay (edited 01-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Walt Tenay (edited 01-26-2002).]

#46602 - 01/26/02 09:33 AM Re: More Information
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
This post is for USA Residents but could appply to all world wide if time rather then freight is a consideration.
Walt Tenay did not mention it and you recall that Nigel said it was ok, so I will mention it. Walt has a huge music store on the East Coast of US and many of us have been his satisfied customers for a long time. Check him out. There is more then one source in this world. Freight from East to West coast is minimal when you find out his prices do not reflect greed. I am a happy customer of his as are many of my friends. I do all my business with him on line at his email address.

------------------
BEBOP
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://members.fortunecity.com/bebop1
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...=1000&SUBMIT=Go

#46603 - 01/26/02 10:36 AM Re: More Information
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in the U.K. and I order alecs' book from Walt and had no trouble at all with either a secure payment method or the delivery which came within days. So if you want it, then order it from Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
This post is for USA Residents but could appply to all world wide if time rather then freight is a consideration.
Walt Tenay did not mention it and you recall that Nigel said it was ok, so I will mention it. Walt has a huge music store on the East Coast of US and many of us have been his satisfied customers for a long time. Check him out. There is more then one source in this world. Freight from East to West coast is minimal when you find out his prices do not reflect greed. I am a happy customer of his as are many of my friends. I do all my business with him on line at his email address.

#46604 - 01/26/02 11:04 AM Re: More Information
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Bebop,

Thanks for the plug, however, I just wanted to mention a few things. Manufacturers that we retail for frown on soliciting business outside an assigned area. Altho you can purchase almost anything anywhere in today's way of buying things via mail order and on the internet, you should work with your local
dealer for competitive pricing and quality
tech support and service.

With the new trend for keyboards and digital pianos and the home organ market shrinking,
so did our stores on the west coast of Florida. We have smaller facilities now,
and are located on the east coast right
outside of fun city Myrtle Beach SC. We are
dong the same but a lot less lifting and inventory of organs. Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

#46605 - 01/26/02 11:30 AM Re: More Information
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
Altho you can purchase almost anything anywhere in today's way of buying things via mail order and on the internet, you should work with your local
dealer for competitive pricing and quality
tech support and service.

Walt, I appreciate that your quote above was the right thing to say BUT..........
My dealer does not know what competitive pricing and tech support and service means. For example their asking price for the kn6000 is US $5895.00 and all you get with it is a box. They have NO Support at all. They give you a phone number of a vendor.
I will buy where ever my money is respected and it is darn well time that the manufacturer's learn this. I was a machinery manufacturer for 30 years and I learned this the hard way.
I have heard from many technics buyers and their stories are about the same. I am sure there may be some decent dealers out there, but in my travels I haven't found one yet other then you.
Once again thank you for your honesty and integrety.

------------------
BEBOP
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://members.fortunecity.com/bebop1
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...=1000&SUBMIT=Go

#46606 - 01/27/02 09:00 AM Re: More Information
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
Quote:
Originally posted by peter.bentley@talk21.com:
I'm in the U.K. and I order alecs' book from Walt and had no trouble at all with either a secure payment method or the delivery which came within days. So if you want it, then order it from Walt.

I also live in the UK and like Peter I am delighted with the service I have received from Walt. and what a pleasant man to talk to as well

Regards

Brian

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online