SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#465584 - 02/01/19 08:23 PM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Mikem
Originally Posted By Mikem

Bachus, since you own both the Genos and the MODX, I'm curious to know which one sounds better; for example, acoustic instruments, strings, orchestral brass, woodwinds and choirs.

Thanks very much in advance. smile

I think they are basically on the same level and sound identical where it comes to general sound quallity

Where modx scores is the better piano sounds and the fact that there is a Bosendorfer piano available..
Also the Modx has much more power at the synth side of things, not only the FM part, but also its AWM part has things to offer, like 18 different filter types versus 6 on the Genos..many of the onboard tools in the Modx, like certain arp types and the motion sequencer, envelope follower, superknob structure definately make a difference for the depth of many synth sounds.. also where it comes to powerfull background layered strings, the broad layering capacity of the Modx makes the difference.. being able to layer more then 3 voices is a huge advantage, and not just for strings...

Where it comes to acoustic sounds, its the other way around, the Genos is the one having all the tools like sa2 and ensembles to make the better sounds... also many of the sounds in Genos make more sense for the average repertoire of the arranger player. The montage/modx does not have wersi organs and such..

In the end, both sound out of this world.. and instead of feeling redundant, they start to make perfect partners in my boook, they really add to eachother.. even tough much of the soundsources is the same samples..

And a combination of both in a single instrument would be the perfect instrument for me... there is really not much left to wish for when you have both..

My biggest problem with the modx is it not having any sheetmusic stand
My biggest pun with the Genos is Yem, which should have been inside the Genos, and not an external solution.
Obviously both are not sound related..
Because their sound is a pleasure to my ears..

Wow, Bachus! That's an amazing analysis! Thanks so much for your impressions of both!

Having both in one, as you say, would be ideal for me, too!
I can certainly understand your joy, since you have both. smile

Enjoy your enviable position! smile

Actually writing this made me realise what to do..
Why look much further for an 88 key when you have the incredible sounds of the modx at hand? I made a nice deal, and will trade the modx 6 later this week for a modx8..

If you like the MODX keybed, that's a splendid idea!

#465650 - 02/03/19 10:00 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Its been 3 weeks now..
And its an incredible experience..
Not only does it sound great..
The workflow is incredibly intuitive..
Everything seems just one screen away..

I keep discovering new things ..
This evening i have been converting sf2 files to Yamaha sounds with Yem..
Hoping to find a high quallity Steinway grand..

For now, i am a happy man..
I will stay away from an 88 key lower, till i know what i really want..
Just enjoying the Genos ..

Well put. I find the Genos is just like a gift that keeps on giving. There are new things I discover all the time.

#465895 - 02/08/19 10:38 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I finally found my piano and synth sounds..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online