SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#465758 - 02/05/19 01:35 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: Terrysutt]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Yes , I,m using the dr05. I recorded it straight to mp3 using the built in mikes. I set the recorder on the music rest stand after arming it. I didn't really want to us audacity as I'm trying to hear exactly what my audience hears without any additional processing. A couple of you indicated that I get a little pitchy in places. Not sure what you mean by that. And yes, I know I need to work on the timing issues. BTW, 20 years in Army marching bands hasn't seemed to help all that much.

Thank you Don for your kind comments although {I do wonder what was it that you expected? laugh

#465763 - 02/05/19 03:15 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: ekurburski]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By ekurburski
Yes , I,m using the dr05. I recorded it straight to mp3 using the built in mikes. I set the recorder on the music rest stand after arming it. I didn't really want to us audacity as I'm trying to hear exactly what my audience hears without any additional processing. A couple of you indicated that I get a little pitchy in places. Not sure what you mean by that. And yes, I know I need to work on the timing issues. BTW, 20 years in Army marching bands hasn't seemed to help all that much.

Thank you Don for your kind comments although {I do wonder what was it that you expected? laugh

Pitchy refers to going slightly off key on some notes ... I think the suggestions of 'not being afraid to sing' are good ones - as the saying goes "sing as if no one is listening" ...
I also think lowering the key slightly would be a benefit, as it sounds like you are straining for some of the notes ...

I don't want to speak for Don, but perhaps the title of your first post "Boy Do I Suck!!" might have had him expecting less wink

#465765 - 02/05/19 04:57 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: ekurburski]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Earl, I fixed the volume problem for you using Audacity, which is a free, downloadable, multi-track recording program for PC computers.

After doing the volume repair, I noticed that there were some weird sounds in the background of the style you used, and additionally, a fair amount of 60 cycle hum, which is likely the result of poor grounding or a bad input cable. Hard to determine the source without being there.

Overall, not bad for an old codger, a bit pitchy in some spots, and it sounds as if you were singing near the top end of your vocal range. This can all be fixed with practice and timing problems will quickly be overcome when you get more comfortable with the recording process.

I did a bit of digging and found Audacity for other computer formats as well. Check out https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/

Attached is the volume corrected version of your song. Today I Started

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#465776 - 02/05/19 07:29 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: ekurburski]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
First, you picked a great song and that shows good taste! Pretty good job, I agree maybe a half step too high. I think with some practice will come more confidence and you'll be where you want to be. Thanks for posting.

#465818 - 02/06/19 09:15 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: ekurburski]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You don't have to use app.box you can attach mp3 files to your post in this forum. Just need to click on File Manager before posting and browse to the mp3 file on your PC and it will attach to your post.

#465820 - 02/06/19 09:29 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: Nigel]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Nigel
You don't have to use app.box you can attach mp3 files to your post in this forum. Just need to click on File Manager before posting and browse to the mp3 file on your PC and it will attach to your post.

I must be sleepy, or just gettin' old. Where is File Manager?
Thanks

#465824 - 02/06/19 10:46 PM Re: My first recording post [Re: ekurburski]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Switch to full reply screen. And the file manager is on the bottom.

#465837 - 02/07/19 06:24 AM Re: My first recording post [Re: Fran Carango]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Can I attach wave files to my post?
John C.

#465838 - 02/07/19 07:26 AM Re: My first recording post [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No, only files up to 10 megs.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#465839 - 02/07/19 07:28 AM Re: My first recording post [Re: bruno123]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
No wav upload and remember 10 mb file size limit..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online