SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#465616 - 02/02/19 11:57 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
I HAD THE PAX4 AND NOW I HAVE THE GENOS.

for my taste the genos shines over pax4 by far, and make me sound better then ever.
yes there are some minors like the hammond sound and the lesslie ,and editing the sound is not deep enough , but i think that editting department is not importent anymore , because the sounds in the keys are so improoved that you do not need it . in the 80s and 90s you need a deep edit because you need to improve the sounds that were not somtimes in the pro level' or in your taste ' now i have 10 different acoustic piano sounds that each one of them is different and very good' so why do i need editting to the deep.

#465618 - 02/02/19 12:35 PM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Crossover
Originally Posted By DonM
Yes, peoples needs and desires do vary. I couldn't care less about organ world, ensemble sounds or even SA sounds. In my opinion they do too much for you. I prefer to have more control over the sounds. Not saying they don't sound great, because they do, but properly played, Korg sounds are excellent across the board.
I want my arranger to sound like a small combo most of the time and I seldom do any big band or fully orchestrated songs. Not that I can't; I just don't prefer to play that way.
It's wonderful that we have so many great choices!

In a live situation, this „small combo“ approach surely has its pros. The problem about using orchestral strings and brass sections live is always that, even if the samples are excellent, they still don‘t sound like the real thing due to the PA bottleneck. With a small combo, you have better chances to really create the impression that several musicians are in the room.

But then the idea of a small combo can just as easilly be archieved with a Genos, its just a matter of setting things up..

Bear in mind, you can easily buy TWO PA4Xs for the price of a Genos. I only played a Genos for one day, but left thinking I much preferred the Korg. Different strokes. smile

Not true, sold my pa4x for €2300 bought a used Genos for €2800...
Either i am an extraodinary buisenessman, or you are wrong..

Edited by Bachus (02/02/19 12:45 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#465621 - 02/02/19 03:30 PM Re: Pa4x vs Geno [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Here’s my take. I’m one of the lucky ones who own both the Genos and Pa4x. I know I’ve written this elsewhere on SZ, my wife said why did you need the Genos, you have the Pa4x, it looks just like it ( well we musicians know different). When I fired up the Genos after getting a feel for it’s in and outs, my wife said “this is the best sounding one yet.”

For use at a gig both do a great job but as I’ve mentioned in the past, I’ll give the Pa4x just a little better rating for playing live gigs. Evern though I use the vocal harmonizer very little not only does it sound better on the Pa4x it’s easier and more user friendly to control.

P.S. I probably left out the most important part, the audiences seem to warm up to the Genos a little more than the KORG.

Edited by Stephenm52 (02/02/19 04:35 PM)

#465624 - 02/02/19 04:09 PM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
Vadim Offline

Genos hands down , something about Korg pa4x, pa3x etc that sounds too plastic, Korg really screwed up somewhere. Even tyros 1 sounds better than pa4x

#465625 - 02/02/19 04:27 PM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

I would say Genos. I played the Genos on multiple occassions and every time i see one i play it, i've played the Korg PA4x on one occassion for about 30 minutes and was glad i could take a seat behind a Genos again.

Some of the sounds i would say the Pa4X wins, electric guitars, organs. But most of them the SA and SA2 sounds blow it out of the water.

Styles? That's a no brainer, sorry but what was Korg thinking with the styles? Most of them are blatant song styles, some of them sound like they were blatant midi conversions, and there were a few really good ones, but also a couple that i wouldn't even want on a Casio.. So that's a mixed bag.

It's weird, where Yamaha makes a keyboard with 550 styles and roughly 530 are useable and sound REALLY GOOD. Korg makes a keyboard with 400 styles and make about 40 sound really good.

Casio does that as well, 280 rythms on the MZ-X500 right? I would say that maybe 30? Sound presentable.

#465626 - 02/02/19 04:55 PM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
keys

Attachments
GENOS DONNY.jpg

#465627 - 02/02/19 05:15 PM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Sorry Jingle genos is not yet up to my needs and standards with this initial release.....
Much more has to be revised, redesigned, etc, before I get excited and buy one.

#465628 - 02/02/19 05:24 PM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
With a new software update and the used market heating up...you never know Donny!

#465640 - 02/03/19 06:43 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online