SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#465423 - 01/29/19 11:02 PM European members comments on this video
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Does this still happen over there in Europe.....people dancing to French Musette accordion music? Or is this an old video? Or...was he superimposed into the setting?

I can't get enough of French Musette...started playing it again. The music is somber and happy at the same time.

Mark

#465426 - 01/30/19 01:48 AM Re: European members comments on this video [Re: Mark79100]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Yes, Accordion music is still quite popular in Europe.

Bill

#465438 - 01/30/19 07:08 AM Re: European members comments on this video [Re: Mark79100]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Mark
Maybe I shouldn't admit this but Some Sat. nights, to my wifes great amusment, I channel surf and will watch a few minutes of a unique music show. Molly B's Polka Party. LOL ! She has a variety of bands doing Polka and Waltz music for live dancing audiences. I'm guessing most of this takes place in the upper mid-west but every band has at least one accordion. Most are very mediocre but a few can really play. I enjoy all kinds of music if its good and it surprizes me that such a style is so alive and well. The only time I heard anything like it was at the German Club I belonged to in NJ.
She herself is a very talented multi-instrumentalist ( yes accordion plus sax and trumpet ) and a classicly trained singer. I usually hate Christmas Shows but watched the whole hour of hers and it was enjoyable. Corny as the others for sure but as over produced and fake. They even did a song with 4 accordions and no other instruments.
And right after that show is Larry's Country Diner with some real down home Country Music !

#465454 - 01/30/19 09:14 AM Re: European members comments on this video [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
They even did a song with 4 accordions and no other instruments.

Bill, while studying accordion as a teen, the studio had accordion combos and full orchestras playing everyth ing from Jazz to Symphonies ... it is amazing the different textures and sounds that could be achieved with the various tone switches on the accordion ...
That's how I got to perform in Carnegie Hall ...

#465458 - 01/30/19 09:36 AM Re: European members comments on this video [Re: tony mads usa]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Mark...I think Most People Here know I never presented One Note of Music on this forum!...But Honestly I'm 70, Got My First Music lessons at age 10 Learning to play the 120 base Accordion...That lasted less than 2 Years (did not like to practice)....I'm Thankful For What My Parents gave Me...They spent $600 on the Instrument plus Lessons when Money was Tight. It Planted a Seed in My Life...Thank You Harold

#465461 - 01/30/19 09:59 AM Re: European members comments on this video [Re: Harold123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Love the music ...
At the site of the original youtube video it states that it was 'published' in 2013 ...
It looks like it is in a large ballroom or gymnasium, maybe the dancers are members of a 'dance club' ... whatever, they sure look graceful gliding across the floor ...

#465485 - 01/30/19 07:26 PM Re: European members comments on this video [Re: Bill Lewis]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Mark
And right after that show is Larry's Country Diner with some real down home Country Music !

Love the Diner and Country's Family Reunion as well. smile All the great old stars, although many have passed away now.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online