SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#465354 - 01/28/19 02:09 PM I've become a pot head...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
well not really. Guess you could call me a pot foot. wink

One of the many nasty diseases I suffer from is distal neuropathy, which is extremely painful. It primarily effects the feet and hands at this stage of the malady, and the foot pain is brutal at times. After doing some research, I discovered that cannabis oil is very effective at relieving the pain, and was able to find a legal source in Havre de Grace, Maryland, about 25 miles from home. IT WORKS!

Though I am too crippled up to apply it myself, my loving wife does this every night for me. For the first time in three years of suffering with this problem, I am not able to sleep soundly through the night.

If you have neurophathy, whether triggered by diabetes or other neurological triggers, this stuff is a God-sent. It is not covered by medicare because federal law still prohibits the use of cannabis nationwide. The cost is about $75 for a tube that will last about 2 months.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#465355 - 01/28/19 02:53 PM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
That is worth learning more about, Gary. I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel, endured a failed operation on both hands a few years ago... and still have tingling sensations in both hands. (Also feet.) The sensation varies a bit from time to time and when coupled with a burning nerve sensation in the legs... sleep can be difficult.

Had to give up golf out of concern of losing grip on the club and hurting someone during the backswing, etc. I also have sciatica and that makes the turning motion needed for swinging the club very painful.

Thanks for mentioning this.

#465358 - 01/28/19 04:11 PM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Gary, I have been using cbd cream on my hands for some time. I have tried hemp oil, and cbd salve without much relief. I have found that because this stuff isn't regulated there are all kinds of levels of success with the different products. I also found that because a store had it last time I needed it, this time it may not. Last time I bought 4 jars to insure I wouldn't run out for a while. I haven't tried this stuff on my feet. I do suffer from pain in the feet most all the time. I will try some of this stuff tonight.

#465363 - 01/28/19 05:40 PM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: ekurburski]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Very Interesting Gary...What Ever HELPS...Wishing You the Best...Harold

#465378 - 01/29/19 01:24 AM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Gary
With your various ailments, which to me are all bad enough, I am happy for you that, at least, maybe you can better cope with a decent nights sleep.

Bernie

#465380 - 01/29/19 01:32 AM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: Bernie9]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
👍

#465382 - 01/29/19 03:12 AM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

smoke

#465447 - 01/30/19 08:28 AM Re: I've become a pot head... [Re: Riceroni9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel

I had Carpal Tunnel more than 10 years ago, and treated it with Chiropractic. (I don't like medicine, or surgery, except in extreme cases) Took over a year of twice weekly treatments, but it's never bothered me again.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online