SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46531 - 10/14/02 06:49 PM KN700 versus GEM
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I have been out of touch for a while and it is nice to be back on Synthzone. Moved from Alaska to Idaho with 37 years of STUFF. The first thing I did was check my KN6000 and it still works. I went to a show here and they had a GEM or GENESYS and the rep said that KNs were being traded in constantly for the GEM. (saying that would be natural if you were a rep for that company) I never heard of it but would like to read any opinions anyone has about this keyboard. I am always curious. I have been told there is a place in town that has the KN7000. It is nice to be in an area where you can see some quality keyboards. Again, it is nice to be back and learning with the rest of you. Don

#46532 - 10/14/02 07:55 PM Re: KN700 versus GEM
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Don ,

I do not agree with the statement that KN's are being traded in for Genesys .

Genesys is a 69lb keyboard ! 69 lbs .

That's a lot of weight for a keyboard . I was told that GEM was going to design the genesys without speakers to trim the keyboard.

I did play this keyboard at the summer NAMM show in Nashville .

The size of the keyboard was a big turn off for me . The Kn7000 is really slick looking and offers just as much except the CD burner and minimal sampling (GEM).
dano

#46533 - 10/15/02 02:08 AM Re: KN700 versus GEM
technicsplayer Offline

the gem is in an very interesting machine which was at Frankfurt in 2 guises. It tries to put everything into one box, cd writer, hard disk, sample reader etc so is not really comparable to the 7000 in features or price. I take the view that many of these extra functions I have already so do not want to pay twice for them to be duplicated in a big and heavy box. But if you want a one box cd production plant it fits the bill. But I think wave editing on a laptop is much superior, and found it strange that this top of the line machine is still only 64 poly.

#46534 - 10/15/02 02:51 PM Re: KN700 versus GEM
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
A Genesys owner has posted something at the General Arranger forum .

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online