SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#465210 - 01/26/19 07:28 AM Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Just a short video I recorded yesterday.

#465212 - 01/26/19 07:55 AM Re: Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation [Re: SAM CA]
Dnj Offline

will this new update be enough to ward off soon to be future GENOS2/S980 buyers...?
or should KORG have totally redesigned to a NEW Pa5x/Pa1000

#465214 - 01/26/19 08:03 AM Re: Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
will this new update be enough to ward off soon to be future GENOS2/S980 buyers...?

Genos is still far away
And the psr series is no competition for the pa4x, as yamaha never makes big jumps between models

http://keyszone.boards.net

#465215 - 01/26/19 08:30 AM Re: Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

Genos is still far away
And the psr series is no competition for the pa4x, as yamaha never makes big jumps between models

That's sad news if people have to wait that long or if no one else jumps in the games sooner from who knows when,....meanwhile other ways of crating music keeps being invented,....it is bad enough arrangers are on a downward spiral as you can see by the dismal showing at Namm with hardly any interest in hardware models releases. But oh well it is what it is,....and in reality New or Old doesn't make any bit of difference as its all in your own personal talent as a player to make your music sound as good as you want anyway, wink ...
but we all know that right?..

#465257 - 01/26/19 04:19 PM Re: Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation [Re: SAM CA]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
He didn't mention anything about the sample RAM?

#465269 - 01/26/19 11:10 PM Re: Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation [Re: vangelis]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By vangelis
He didn't mention anything about the sample RAM?

The official release notes say this:

"You can now load 1.5 GB of User Samples, which becomes 3 GB when using our fast compression algorithm."

#465276 - 01/27/19 03:45 AM Re: Korg Pa4x OS3.0 short NAMM presentation [Re: SAM CA]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
That's what I like about Korg. They keep supporting products well into the future. The new OS 3.0 for the Pa4x is just one example. Yamaha on the other hand seems mainly focused on getting bugs fixed and then they call it a day. After the bugs are fixed you're basically on your own since Yamaha seems to place a very low priority on adding new features or other enhancements to an existing product line once the main bugs have been fixed. Case in point is the Genos. Many within the keyboard community thought Yamaha would treat the Genos in a different manner since Yamaha was trying to market the Genos to a younger generation. I thought it would be more like the Montage support strategy in that Montage owners have received many OS updates for the Montage since its release in 2016. Yamaha could still surprise Genos owners with an as yet to be determined future OS update but knowing Yamaha's past dealings with its other arranger products I won't hold my breath.

The OS 3.0 update for the Pa4x will probably satisfy Korg owners in the short term. Korg is no doubt working on a Pa5x model as we speak and I suspect it will be released at winter NAMM 2020 or thereabouts. The Genos 2 is still quite a ways off but then again Yamaha could speed things up if necessary. Perhaps winter NAMM 2021 or Musikmesse 2021? If the Pa5x turns out to be the bee's knees of arrangers then Yamaha could bump up the release of the Genos 2 but either way competition is a win win scenario for consumers and manufacturers alike. I could see myself getting a Pa5x if it exceeds my expectations. Then again I could see myself getting a Genos 2 if it blows the Pa5x out of the water. cool

All the best,

Mike

Edited by keybplayer (01/27/19 03:45 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online