SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#465005 - 01/22/19 08:52 AM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: MacAllcock]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
John...Thank You so much for getting back with more Information. Are You using the Newest Behringer XAIR XR18 System? My 12.2 Tablet has the Android Operating System. A second I-phone with Android or a second tablet would not be a problem only is NEEDED. I don't really see it as necessary...My Friend is a Singer/Musician(Harmonica) Not a Sound Person...I understand the Importance of the External Router completely...I have talked with FRANK the Owner of Audioworks CT here in Eastern United States Just Yesterday...He has not only His Knowledge of the Set-up And Top Gear But Great Pricing on everything We Need to make this System Change...Frank is a Fantastic Asset to this Synthzone Forum...He has THE BEST PRICING of Music Gear and Support after the Sale...We are Blessed. Frank is leaving Wed 1/24/19 for the Winter NAMM SHOW in LA...This System change Will help us with set-up and take down Time and Sound Improvement Making a Much Cleaner System...We currently have Gear Storage at the Existing location. We are looking for a New Location with walk in level, restrooms, and Decent Sound Management Hopefully this Year...Thanks again for providing any additional Ideas...Sincerely Harold Western Pennsylvania USA

#465015 - 01/22/19 11:49 AM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
HI - on the original topic, using WiFi that Genos provides, to link some iPads - I have now done 2 gigs using this, and it was rock steady for ~2 hours for each. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe there weren't very many competing WiFi networks around at the venues I was playing . . .

Also tested it at home with several iPads WiFi connected through Genos; seemed to work OK. I'll have more testing time in more situations to see how it goes . . .

Jim

#465016 - 01/22/19 12:36 PM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Have you had any latency issues?

#465023 - 01/22/19 02:01 PM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Jim.... Sorry for taking Your Post in the Wrong Direction. It was not planned but happened...Glad to hear Your results with the Genos...It is a Amazing Arranger...I would LOVE to have one but My Budget at time is not possible. Sincerely Harold

#465026 - 01/22/19 02:45 PM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Harold how you doing with the bk9.?

#465034 - 01/22/19 03:32 PM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Honestly Donny... I Have only spent maybe 2 hours with it at this time. So busy with other time related things...I will say this, I like it very much...76 keys(for Me is Important),compact and light, Good Keybed, Good Styles, Good Steinway sampled Piano Voice and voices, built well, looks professional I'm sure much more...For My allowed budget and time It's staying In My Music room...Plus if someone comes to the Jam on a regular Basic wanting to play Organ it will meet the needs.... I provide a Stage Piano now(My Wife's) I cannot judge the Keyboard by My abilities alone...I know of People on this forum Using it and are Great performers plus Yourself That's where I Judge...I would Love to have a Genos someday only when things come together...Budget and My Skills are not Worthy at this time...I have played keyboard very little for the Last 15+ years. I got a Big Eye opening when I purchased the 4X. I have a lot of work to do to get back close to where I was...It will only happen with hard but enjoyable WORK! Also 2018 was a difficult Year. I lost My only brother age 73 His Wife 72 just recently My oldest Nefew 71 All Heart and Cancer related...Sorry to spill so much Information...Sincerely Harold

Edited by Harold123 (01/22/19 06:25 PM)

#465038 - 01/22/19 03:50 PM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: Harold123]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Harold you made a very wise choice.

#465048 - 01/22/19 06:27 PM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Thank You Donny....Harold

#465063 - 01/23/19 09:16 AM Re: WiFi Access Point function on Genos and Tyros [Re: jimlaing]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Harold - mixer is about 12 months old running latest firmware. I "drive" it using a Kindle Fire 10 HD. Had to get Google PLay installed to then install the XAir software. Runs fine, and on the 5G connection no latency issues.

You can twiddle the XAir software to change the number of channel strips across the display. On your tablet you could probably get the full 18 channels. I use the custom layers option to de-clutter my display.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online