SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46486 - 04/01/02 11:46 PM KN6500 Sequencer
brianhurst Offline

Loc: England
Could anybody tell me if it is possible when recording in the sequencer if it is possible to get the "Home" screen up whilst recording?
I find it very difficult to change the sounds without being able to see the banks which I have on my Home screen. Anyone any suggestions?

#46487 - 04/02/02 12:09 AM Re: KN6500 Sequencer
technicsplayer Offline

put the sounds in the panel memories before you start recording?

#46488 - 04/02/02 09:21 AM Re: KN6500 Sequencer
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
What Alec says is the easiest method. I put every instrument I want to use, plus any tempo or background change into panel memories using the expand mode, which is similar to a freeze frame, then with just the press of a single button all your changes will be made. It's best to figure out what you will want to do and configure the buttons in order, 1, 2, 3, etc. Makes recording much easier.

#46489 - 04/02/02 11:26 AM Re: KN6500 Sequencer
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Brian, Looks like Alec and Bud have said it all - that is exactly the way I set up my KN6000 before recording a song/tune. As Bud says, if you set up your panel memories in the order you wish to use them in the song, you can easily advance through them using a footswitch. It is worth spending quite a bit of time getting the set-ups just right, before doing the recording. Do a few dummy runs first. I usually save the complete set-up to disc under the name of the song.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#46490 - 04/02/02 12:23 PM Re: KN6500 Sequencer
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Just as Bill says: save your work to disk once you have the set-ups done! When you spend a few hours getting everything just right, you certainly don't want a simple, or stupid, booboo taking you back to square one. Do an EZ record, even if it's full of mistakes, so you will have the basic sequence data always ready to go. There's nothing worse than hearing "whoops, now what do I do?!!"

#46491 - 04/02/02 01:15 PM Re: KN6500 Sequencer
brianhurst Offline

Loc: England
Many thanks for your help. Sound advice and I shall certainly try it. Thanks again.

#46492 - 04/02/02 01:20 PM Re: KN6500 Sequencer
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
..... to take the 'save' part of it a step further, I do a 'save' each time I set up a new PM ..... it takes some time, but it's worth the effort .....
I actually haven't used the PMs all that much, but getting the great tunes from some of the forum members has shown me how useful the PMs can be .... I'm now preparing for a 'reunion' gig with the band I was with when I lived in NY, and I'm using the PMs for various show medleys we used to do with different tempos, etc. it's really working out great ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online