SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#464546 - 01/13/19 11:25 AM I've ordered a Dr 05
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Waiting for the Tascom dr05 to arrive from Sweetwater. I decided to get it as it seems this is a good tool for quick and easy recording. I plan on using it for practice and checking what I sound like to the audience. Also will allow me make a good demo of what I sound like "live" to client prospects. Maybe if I can do something I won't be to embarrassed by I'll be able to submit it here for critique. I'm fairly excited about adding this piece of equipment. I've had full featured DAW's for years. Even took some college courses on Pro tools but have never gotten to the point where I have been able to really produce anything worthwhile. Hope this will move me in the right direction.

Edited by ekurburski (01/13/19 11:30 AM)

#464551 - 01/13/19 03:35 PM Re: I've ordered a Dr 05 [Re: ekurburski]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I love mine. I have gone through four of them over the years. Still have two that work great.
I nearly always use the line inputs on the recorder, rather than the built in mics.
I record in WAV format then convert to MP3 in Audacity. Or you can just record in MP3 format if you prefer.

#464585 - 01/14/19 05:08 PM Re: I've ordered a Dr 05 [Re: DonM]
ekurburski Offline

I've got it. Now I just need to figure out how to use it and start recording myself and then figuring out if the results what I actually want them to be. Looks like a lot of fun over the next couple of weeks. I also just signed up for 2 courses at the local college. Back-end programming and visual-net framework core 2 (whatever that is). Should be fairly busy till summer!

#464789 - 01/19/19 10:48 AM Re: I've ordered a Dr 05 [Re: ekurburski]
ekurburski Offline

Well I got it but now am having a heck of a time figuring out how to use it. I've got it to record and playback but can barely hear it. /have the speaker turned on and volume set to max. I called Sweetwater support but they really don't know anything. They suggested using headphones. Will try that next but would think I should have some volume out of the builtin speaker. Tried calling Tascam & of coarse they're only open Mon thru Saturday. Oh well, will try the headphones next.

#464791 - 01/19/19 10:54 AM Re: I've ordered a Dr 05 [Re: ekurburski]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I never tried to use the internal speakers. I always use headphones, PC, or external system.
I just tried it and the volume is not loud at all.
You do know there is an on/off setting under Menu, Speakers. And also you can turn the volume to maximum by pressing the Up button. Still not much volume though.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online