SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#464765 - 01/19/19 06:51 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

Its not amazing, its something the rom voices use since release..
And korg prommissed this sample streaming technollogy for user samples as an update quickly after release...

The other part of the update is mostly cosmetic for the screen/interface
Which was much needed, as Genos showed us...

Still a great free update..
But nothing amazing, its just oasys/kronos technollogy finding its way to arrangers after 12 years...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464766 - 01/19/19 06:52 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Genos 2....comes to mind?
or something totally new from Yamaha.

Sure in 2022..

#464769 - 01/19/19 07:01 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

Keep in mind, noboddy is selling/creating commercial sound packages for pa4x so far..
(Only a greek guy) but those are overly expensive, even compared to yamaha prices..

So to utilise all this ram, you need to create your own sounds from samples..
By utilising the Korg advanced sound engine..
To make quallity sounds, this is very very timeconsuming..
Hench the prices and the number of the available sounds..

Comming from pa4x, after 2 years my sample memmory was almost empty
It was much easier to use a PC for new sounds..
I guess Genos might be a different story with quite a lot of dowloadable packs..and also 1.8GB of ram..
But my main source of new sounds will be the ipad and mac..

Makes me wonder how many pa4x owners and previous owners had a lot of ram sounds in their pa4x?

The only people i know use this a lot are the non western people
They require sampled instuments for their most used sounds
But for western people the sound engine of the pa4x is strong enough to create pretty much the sounds you need from the availalbe sample rom..

#464770 - 01/19/19 07:23 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
...maybe Roland will finally announce something to compete in the top league.

#464773 - 01/19/19 08:22 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By adimatis
...maybe Roland will finally announce something to compete in the top league.

Not for the Namm..

They allready announced their new products for Namm..
For keyboards... there was an 88 key version of the low end go-piano
Thats about it from Roland..

Hard to swallow but Roland seems to have pulled out of everthing that costs more then €2000...

#464783 - 01/19/19 09:27 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Kudos to Korg, again. Can't wait to see it. Wish they would make the endings better though.

#464784 - 01/19/19 09:28 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Kudos to Korg, again. Can't wait to see it. Wish they would make the endings better though.

How does KORG expect to make more profits if they don't have players buying new arrangers vs FREE updates which are nice to a point..?
Sometimes people just want something NEW to play!
and as others have always said ......
FIX the FILLS wink

Edited by Dnj (01/19/19 09:30 AM)

#464785 - 01/19/19 09:40 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Free quality updates, may not put money in Korg's pocket at first glance.… but what you overlook.... it just may keep the Korg customer from buying a competitors product. grin

#464786 - 01/19/19 09:50 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
A NEW Korg Pro Arranger will come Soon...This shows How Korg Takes care of Owners by Always offering NEEDED updates as needed at no cost...Plus the New Arranger price will be respectful unlike Yamaha...This Is just buying them Time...My Thaughts Harold...Adding At one time when Roland was one of the Leaders They did the same thing!...I think Fran will agree with this?...Look back what Roland did with the XP series Synth Workstations....They were produced So the User could Buy and Install Quality Expansion Bds In the Keyboards and Expansion Modules without Buying a New Keyboard often...This was before the Software days...All Major studios used Roland offerings to Produce Music...All at an affordable cost...To bad Roland changed directions...

Edited by Harold123 (01/19/19 10:03 AM)

#464797 - 01/19/19 11:13 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Next Update V3 with 3 Giga Ram!!! [Re: Bachus]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

Its not amazing, its something the rom voices use since release..
And korg prommissed this sample streaming technollogy for user samples as an update quickly after release...

The other part of the update is mostly cosmetic for the screen/interface
Which was much needed, as Genos showed us...

Still a great free update..
But nothing amazing, its just oasys/kronos technollogy finding its way to arrangers after 12 years...

Dear Bachus...
Its amazing for me and for the customers that I have which have bought my Greek project (Ultimate Musicorama) which I created from the ground up in 7 years.
With this I will be able to create and give many new and useful sounds,which in any other occasion would have been impossible.
I also find the fact that the ones who know how to use the sampler will now have the chance to create or import sounds that they never could have on an instrument such as the Pa4x very exciting.
This is just my opinion though.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (01/19/19 11:14 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online