SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#464604 - 01/15/19 01:51 PM OT A time when we recall our memories.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Last month a longtime friend (since our teens) passed away. Gibby mirrored my life for the most part.. We were into cars, we were siding contractors, and family oriented.. We were part of a group that use to hang around "Gino's" a hamburger joint, we were into racing cars and pretty girls. smile There were about a dozen of us..... now we are three..

Three days ago, my boyhood best friend passed away. Paul and I grew up together since the age of 9.. So many growing up memories.. Flying model airplanes, working on cars, dating the same girls... just about everything.. including a partnership in the Siding business for a short period..

It seems like 75 years is an age for passing..

Today , my wife got word that her Uncle Frank has passed.. My wife has been sick for a week or so and was trying to get well enough to visit her uncle.. It didn't work out that way..

Just reminding everyone to recall the memories while we can share them... before it is to late.. It is so easy to get caught up in this life that we forget what is important..

#464605 - 01/15/19 01:56 PM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Absolutely right, Fran ... Sorry to hear about the losses of your friends and family members ... We have NO idea what is going to happen or when ... the next minute is not promised to anyone ...
Appreciate everything and everyone, and every second we have ...

#464610 - 01/15/19 03:14 PM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"It seems like 75 years is an age for passing.."
NOOOO. Maybe 95 or 105.
Sorry to hear Fran. I'm going through the same thing. Lost an old drummer friend this week. Seems as if someone else goes every week.

#464614 - 01/15/19 05:33 PM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Fran:

Sorry about the loss of so many of your friends. Let me offer you a glimmer of hope about the 75 thing. I'm living proof it is not required to "plant one's self when the age of 75 happens. With a bit of luck, I plan to grind away at life and music until I'm 90 or unable to physically continue. (Many encourage me to find other pursuits... but writing songs is a vicious addiction!) LOL!

I've not taken time to go through our High School Annual and count the missing... but I know our numbers are dwindling fast.

Stiff upper lip... and all that stuff, my talented friend!

----Dave

#464617 - 01/15/19 06:55 PM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Fran, you are right about the age of losing. It begins near the age of 75. They take with them a part of you.

When your sadness and missing begins to leave, you are left with the great times you shared together. It is then that they become alive again. There are times that I still talk to them, their spirit is still here with me.

John C.

#464620 - 01/16/19 12:40 AM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John: What a beautiful sentiment.

Don: I sure as hell hope you are right, or I am past due.

#464624 - 01/16/19 04:16 AM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don, I saw a 115 year old on TV -- He was a mess. -I don’t want any part of that.

Maybe 90, John C.

#464632 - 01/16/19 09:06 AM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Fran, I went to my Aunt's funeral last Friday. Out of 6 kids, only one uncle is alive and he is in a nursing home. I'm leaving in about an hour to take my long-time guitar tech to a lunch. He's a stage three Alzheimer's patient who does not remember who I am, other than a friend; sadly the only one he has who has time for him.

I was diagnosed recently with a 38 heart rate. Blood pressure meds were adjusted to help, but I have a stress test and echo scheduled for next week.

That makes the folks here more important to me, and you are one of the guys I'd like to spend a little face time with.

Man, you, Donny, Dave and I...."Da Dudes" would have been killer in the day.

Be well, and keep in touch. I'm thinking seriously of going to visit Gary, and you guys are just around the corner.

Your friend,

Russ

#464636 - 01/16/19 09:22 AM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Fran, deepest condolences, sorry for your losses.
Russ anytime brother we got you.. cool2

#464638 - 01/16/19 09:43 AM Re: OT A time when we recall our memories. [Re: Fran Carango]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Fran, Sorry to hear of your losses. I can identify with what you wrote about your boyhood friend. My buddy Louie who I met in first grade passed away at 67 this past October. We had been friends for 60 years makes you realize how short life really is. May your friends RIP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online