SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#461860 - 11/19/18 10:17 AM Ketron SD7 B3 Over voice.
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
I wonder if any of you can shed some light on this problem.

For some reason the B3 Over voice will come on at full volume and also the style volume with it. I have no problem with any other voice on the keyboard.

If I quickly move the volume pedal it reverts to normal volume but not before it's damaged my ear drums.

I have done a system reset which made no difference. The SD7 is midi'd to a Tyros 5 but it still happens if I play the SD7 direct. What I find strange is it's the only voice with a problem. All other organ voices seem fine.

I know I can revoice the offending styles but I like to play the built in styles and match a tune to them when they start so it's difficult to remember which styles have B3 Over contained in them.

Hope this all makes sense.

Alan

#461924 - 11/20/18 01:20 AM Re: Ketron SD7 B3 Over voice. [Re: Sapphire]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I don't have an SD7, but an SD40 and find organ voices, many times, will be louder, and this isn't just the SD40. It is annoying to have to adjust the volume when I get a bad surprise like you.

Bernie

#464568 - 01/14/19 09:00 AM Re: Ketron SD7 B3 Over voice. [Re: Sapphire]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Further to this earlier post I now have the following problem relating to some voices.

Oberduets 1 and 2 both consist of 2 voices. Oberduet 1 is trumpet and golden trumpet. Oberduet 2 is clarinet and trumpet.

When playing these voices there is a nasty grizzly scratchy sound upon striking the key. Some keys pressed will play 1 of the voices and some will play the other voice. Occassionally it will play both voices but which key plays which voice is totally random.

I have tried a factory reset and delved into the menu's but nothing changes this problem. Just to add, this happens if I play a saved style an inbuilt style and even no style but just right hand voice.

I hope someone can help as the SD7 is now becoming a useless pile of junk as I never know what sound will come out of the speakers.

I have just noticed that if I play with 2 fingers of the right hand the voices sound normal so I assume 1 finger is playing one sound and the other the second sound.

Alan

Edited by Sapphire (01/14/19 09:07 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online