SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#464537 - 01/13/19 09:46 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Stephenm52]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
It May very well happen the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Piano Sample will be Included in the next Genos...Maybe trickle down to the lower series at some point...It is Included in the New Yamaha P-515 Stage Piano now!...It sounds stunning... Remember this happened because of Yamaha's purchase of Bosendorifer Austria...Top 3 Grands world wide...Bosendorifer Austria ,Steinway US and Germany, and Yamaha Mass produced Different Countries...The Imperial is the only 97 and 92 Key Grand offered. Thanks Harold

Edited by Harold123 (01/13/19 10:11 AM)

#464540 - 01/13/19 10:11 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Dnj]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
For what the GENOS costs I can buy close to 3 used PA4X, Yamaha is too expensive for my budget the other thing is that the filters and the editing for the money KORG PA4X is still king for me, I don't care what the specs are on the GENOS because specwise the Lionstrac was an awsome keyboard but no good styles and support and again too expensive like the GENOS.That's my opinion but then again if you can afford a GENOS good luck enjoy it.

#464542 - 01/13/19 10:37 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By vangelis
For what the GENOS costs I can buy close to 3 used PA4X, Yamaha is too expensive for my budget the other thing is that the filters and the editing for the money KORG PA4X is still king for me, I don't care what the specs are on the GENOS because specwise the Lionstrac was an awsome keyboard but no good styles and support and again too expensive like the GENOS.That's my opinion but then again if you can afford a GENOS good luck enjoy it.

Strange....

As i sold my pa4x for €2300 and bought a used Genos for €2800..

And currently a brand new pa4x in Holland costs €3000, while a new Genos can be bought for about €3500..

There is so ething wrong with your math...
Sure Genos is expensive.. but then pa4x isn’t cheap either..

Both instruments, as i tried to explain, have their strengths..
And both have their weaknesses..

Edited by Bachus (01/13/19 10:39 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464552 - 01/13/19 07:19 PM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Very good review Bachus, thanks.

#464553 - 01/13/19 09:24 PM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Bachus]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By vangelis

Strange....

As i sold my pa4x for €2300 and bought a used Genos for €2800..

And currently a brand new pa4x in Holland costs €3000, while a new Genos can be bought for about €3500..

There is so ething wrong with your math...
Sure Genos is expensive.. but then pa4x isn’t cheap either..

Both instruments, as i tried to explain, have their strengths..
And both have their weaknesses..

I am quoting prices in US dollars here in the US arrangers are not taken too seriously and they lose value much more then Europe.

#464554 - 01/14/19 12:30 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: vangelis]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Cost 76 key PA4X vs Genos...here in US....maybe $500 difference if you shop around.

Cost shouldn't be the deciding factor in choosing one over the other. Get the one that works for you.

I've owned the PAX and now own Genos...both are good IMHO. Genos works better for me.

Bachus,

Good comments and comparisons

Edited by guitpic1 (01/14/19 12:38 AM)

#464616 - 01/15/19 06:41 PM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Dnj]
kharri Offline

Just curious how you think it might compare to a Ketron?

I've read several articles and it seem like there are things the Ketron can't do that the Genos can, but some things may be better on the Ketron.

I have an Audya 5 and may someday get something else (SD90?, Genos).
I played with a Tyros 5 and while it had a nice UI, I didn't think it sounded as good as a Ketron.
Thanks for the review!

Edited by kharri (01/15/19 06:41 PM)

#464621 - 01/16/19 02:12 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: kharri]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By kharri
Just curious how you think it might compare to a Ketron?

I've read several articles and it seem like there are things the Ketron can't do that the Genos can, but some things may be better on the Ketron.

I have an Audya 5 and may someday get something else (SD90?, Genos).
I played with a Tyros 5 and while it had a nice UI, I didn't think it sounded as good as a Ketron.
Thanks for the review!

A very basic personal opinion..

Both instruments are top line , sd90 and Genos..

Things where i like Genos better..
- voices
- dsp power
- interface
- styles selection, so many available high quallity styles
- the arpeggiator

Things Genos can do that Sd90 can’t
- organ drawbars
- ensemble voices
- sa2 voices
- play styles and midisong at the same time
- multipads
- load samples
- use user voices in styles and songs

Things Ketron does better.
- onboard style quallity(better arrangements)
- style engine has more options

Things Ketron sd90 does Genos can’t
-launchpad
-available in module and 61 keys
- play multi travk audio
- play 2 midi files at the same time (mixing)

I probably forgot some things, but basically both have pretty much everything basic covered.. Genos has better overall sound quallity, but SD90 has a nose in front in the style selection

#464626 - 01/16/19 06:19 AM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Also the Ketron SD90 sounds so much more "Live" then genos IMO.
I guess I have to throw in "Personal Preference"?

#464644 - 01/16/19 12:35 PM Re: Bachus first impressions on Genos ?.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Also the Ketron SD90 sounds so much more "Live" then genos IMO.
I guess I have to throw in "Personal Preference"?

The styles do, because of how they are arranged..
But where it comes to right hand voices, i personally think yamaha is in a league of its own for many of them.. whilethe ketron voices have a great characteristic... they are much much more straightforward then the yamaha voices..

Trough the depth of many of the sounds they all require effort and a different playstyle.. but as you learn how all the articulations work in your advantage and how to trigger them.. its just so much more realistic then korg or ketron..

Also need to say,that sometimes i am struggling to get it right, like with some of the acoustic sa guitar voices.. it takes effort to find a way to play them softly yet fast... sometimes you wish, you could kill the intrigueing articulations and just play them straightforward..

Ketron sounds are simpler, and they might have more pressence, but certainly are not as realistic as yamies..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online