SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#464444 - 01/10/19 04:50 PM Just messin' around...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
with the Yamaha S-950's multi-pads, which is among the many overlooked features by most arranger keyboard players.

When my children were young, they loved watching the Muppets Shop on TV, and I'm sure I enjoyed it equally as much as they did. After talking with my daughter tonight, who is hospitalized with pneumonia, she inspired my to record one of her favorite songs: Kermit The Frog song, also known as It's Not Easy Being Green.

I didn't use a style, but instead, just used one of the multi-pads on my PSR-S950 and triggered the chords of the multi-pad using my left hand. I played my own intro using the same instrument on my right hand, so I guess it all worked out well. Here's my rendition of It's Not Easy Being Green

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome,

Gary sick

Gary

Edited by travlin'easy (01/10/19 04:52 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#464445 - 01/10/19 05:31 PM Re: Just messin' around... [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Enjoyed that a lot, Gary. I've been green with envy most of my life doing my best to emulate you, Donny and Mason... without much success! LOL!

#464446 - 01/10/19 05:53 PM Re: Just messin' around... [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary.... very clever use of the multi-pads. I'm sorry to hear about Laura. Please give her my best wishes.
Ed

#464448 - 01/10/19 06:27 PM Re: Just messin' around... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks guys. Ed, I talked with Laura this afternoon and she hope to be out of the hospital by tomorrow afternoon if her tests go well (fingers crossed).

Thanks again for listening and commenting,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#464456 - 01/11/19 05:09 AM Re: Just messin' around... [Re: travlin'easy]
zuki Offline

Gary, your song warmed my heart. For me, it wasn't about the song, it's about the love you have for your daughter. I'm sure that will make her recovery even faster.

Life throws curve balls. My wife has been dealing with some health issues and will kidney surgery at the end of the month. We are confident all will turn out well.

Thanks also Tony for asking about me. I've been a bit removed with all the emergency hospital runs and moving to a new house too.....

The gigs are still going. I've cut down to about 200 for the year and continue to love the 8.2/3X.

Best to all in 2019

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#464459 - 01/11/19 06:41 AM Re: Just messin' around... [Re: travlin'easy]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Being We just got our first grand baby a girl Ava Rain (I'm 70) Thank You!...Also I Hope your Daughter Feels Better soon...I'm a School bus driver and I had a second grader come up to me getting off at school "Bus Driver he held out his hand with 3 Quarters...I have 3 Would Your have a quarter for Me to Pay for My lunch?...I reached in My pocket took a One Bill said I think this will work...He Smiled and thanked Me...MADE MY DAY...Harold

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online