SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#464387 - 01/09/19 08:26 AM This is among my best You Tube finds
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This youngster gave me hope for the younger generation.

Have a good day, everyone,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#464403 - 01/09/19 03:41 PM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Great video Gary, thanks!

#464404 - 01/09/19 05:31 PM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

When I saw this video, it brought tears to my eyes. I can clearly remember how much this type of activity brought to the residents of the Assisted Living Centers, Nursing Homes and Retirement Communities when youngsters came to visit and brought cards and flowers to them, especially on Valentines Day, Easter, and other special days. This you man should be given a go fund me page to keep this going as long as he can, and a presidential award for his caring and thoughtfulness.

All the best,

Gary

#464405 - 01/09/19 09:02 PM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I hope he never grows up....

#464414 - 01/10/19 06:08 AM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Cute kid, Gary: Like Sparky, I hope he never grows up and becomes an old geezer like me. LOL! Thanks for sharing.

#464416 - 01/10/19 08:32 AM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: sparky589]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By sparky589
I hope he never grows up....

Yeah, that's when the trouble starts.

#464427 - 01/10/19 10:47 AM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
This youngster gave me hope for the younger generation.

Have a good day, everyone,

Gary

Great Video indeed Gary.
However, I always ask myself:
Who creates a video and for what purpose ...
A 100,000 likes on Facebook has never cured Cancer or fed the hungry in Africa.
Katie Perry our local Celebrity came to our local Hospital to visit the Oncology ward at Christmas and brought gifts and comfort to our patients.
No news or Cameras following her.
Just an act of kindness for kindness sake.
The only reason I know this is because I work there ... wink
Eric

#464433 - 01/10/19 11:26 AM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Eric,

I guess I look at these videos with a different light. Had I been there when that youngster came rolling through with his cards and roses, I would have shot the video myself. It clearly portrays how a little compassion can go a very long way in curing one of the major woes facing the elderly today - depression. I seriously doubt that the youngster had anything in mind other than pleasing the residents, and for all we know, he could have had a close relative living there at the time. I have seen teenage girls from the local high school show up on Valentines Day with small boxes of chocolates they gave to all the residents at lunch, along with a neat card. The residents loved it!

As for facebook, well, from my view, the vast majority of the folks there seem to have some sort of political, social or environmental agenda. I got on Facebook for about 3 months because my kids talked me into it. After three months, I opted to get the Hell out of there. Smartest thing I ever did on the Internet.

Having worked in the news media for many years as an outdoor journalist and news caster, I can assure that you will NEVER see anything good in the news on TV or newspapers. The rule of thumb for the past 50 years is "If it bleeds - it leads." Most everything on the news is fright hype, things that people cannot either control or do anything about. IMO, this will never change unless people's attitudes about life changes, and that's most likely not gonna happen.

My main reason for posting this video is to me, it was a heartwarming video that should shared with everyone that takes the time to watch it. I thought about this youngster today while doing some errands, and it prompted me to stop for a short visit as an assisted living center where I performed for more than 15 years, twice a month. Some of the residents were still there that I knew, I talked with them, they told me how much they missed me, and I told them I missed being there for them and promised to stop by more often just to pay them a visit. The new AD there, pulled me aside and begged me to come out of retirement, but after I explained my heath situation she understood.

Gary

#464440 - 01/10/19 02:03 PM Re: This is among my best You Tube finds [Re: travlin'easy]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Gary,
Very well spoken and wise words indeed.
As I was writing it I asked myself if it would be received the way I intended wink
As I said: Great video.
I 100% agree that we need those acts of kindness.
I worked in a convalescent hospital for 2 years and know all to well what the residents are going through.
Gave out lots of hugs every day, told jokes etc to make em smile. smile
And yes if I would have seen the kid there I would have shot the video too.
However the video was not from a bystander as it followed the kid from the store on.
Again it might be totally innocent and I might be completely wrong, but I doubt it was the kids idea.
I am talking along the line of parents making there youngsters into beauty queens for talent shows for there own personal gain etc. ...
Again, don't mean to offend you or anybody, just trying to question the motive of the parent. Not the kid which seemed genuine.

BTW thank for for your take on the news. Not many people realize that. There is so much good happening in the world which will never make the news ... Sad.

Enough ranting.
I agree. We need more kindness in the world.
Best regards
Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online