SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46422 - 08/04/05 10:02 AM KN7000 sub out
Anonymous
Unregistered

The sub out has a setting for using expression pedal to control the sub out volume, but it doesn't seem to work. The pedal affects only line outputs, but not sub outs, even if this setting is enabled. Any ideas ?

Regards,
Pasi Kujanpää

#46423 - 08/04/05 03:19 PM Re: KN7000 sub out
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I know there is a dedicated socket for the Expression Pedal because I use one all the time so at first I thought you could be confusing this with the optional Organ footpedal board outlet. However, I've just looked in the KN7 Manual, page 200 and it says (and I quote):-

SUB OUT
The sounds from desired parts can be output independently from those terminals. (Refer to page 161).

On looking at page 161, under 'SEPARATE SETTING' there is a full explanation of how to use this SUB OUT facility. Hope this helps.

You raised a very interesting query and I was curious to know what the answer could be hence the reason I looked in the Manual.

Thank you for that, you learn something new every day don't you?

Regards,

Aud (U.K.)

#46424 - 08/04/05 07:55 PM Re: KN7000 sub out
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by pasik:
The sub out has a setting for using expression pedal to control the sub out volume, but it doesn't seem to work. The pedal affects only line outputs, but not sub outs, even if this setting is enabled. Any ideas ?

Regards,
Pasi Kujanpää

Since it states on page 180 that you can select the EXP. Pedal to total expression or partial --- and on page 161 #5 states you can use the expression effect for the subs ? I have one thought.

It is to late to turn on my KN7 an listen to the internal amplifier--- so I am using headphones.
The EXP. Pedal seems to have no effect on the volume---
But I do not have the sub output connected to an external amplifier.
Is it possible that you are listening to the main output of the keyboard and if you were to connect the sub output to an external amplifier you would hear the effect??????

Just a try, John C.

#46425 - 08/04/05 10:18 PM Re: KN7000 sub out
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Since it states on page 180 that you can select the EXP. Pedal to total expression or partial --- and on page 161 #5 states you can use the expression effect for the subs ? I have one thought.

It is to late to turn on my KN7 an listen to the internal amplifier--- so I am using headphones.
The EXP. Pedal seems to have no effect on the volume---
But I do not have the sub output connected to an external amplifier.
Is it possible that you are listening to the main output of the keyboard and if you were to connect the sub output to an external amplifier you would hear the effect??????

Just a try, John C.

John, you're right. One can only hear the difference when connected to an external amplifier. I experimented with this feature and described the results in a kind of tutor. You can find it on http://www.keso.nl under Tips&tricks, chapter H1. I must said that it makes a lot of difference by using the subout-feature, speaking for myself: I like it.
Best greetings,
Cees

#46426 - 08/05/05 04:39 AM Re: KN7000 sub out
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your replies!

I have selected the BASS part to sub out2 and it's connected to an active subwoofer. And this is working fine, the only problem is that the expression pedal changes volume only for all the other parts but not BASS on the sub out. Sub outs are in MONO x 2 mode, and expression pedal function is TOTAL EXPRESSION. I have also enabled the EXPRESSION PEDAL setting on the SEPARATE OUT SETTING display.

Maybe I should initialize the keyboard to factory presets and then try again ?

Regards,
Pasi Kujanpää

#46427 - 08/05/05 05:26 AM Re: KN7000 sub out
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:

I have selected the BASS part to sub out2 and it's connected to an active subwoofer. And this is working fine, the only problem is that the expression pedal changes volume only for all the other parts but not BASS on the sub out. Sub outs are in MONO x 2 mode, and expression pedal function is TOTAL EXPRESSION. I have also enabled the EXPRESSION PEDAL setting on the SEPARATE OUT SETTING display.

Regards,
Pasi Kujanpää

Hi Pasi,
I have checked your setting in my KN7000. If I understand you well I have noticed that all worked well in mine.
1. MENU-CONTROL-FOOT CONTROLLERS: EXPRESS.PEDAL = TOTAL EXPRESSION

2. MENU-SOUND-SEPARATE OUT SETTING: MONO X2 (MONO1 : DRUM 1&2 -- MONO2: BASS)
3. with MAIN OUT = ON
4. EXPRESSION PEDAL = ON
In this status all the volume de-/increases with the expression-pedal, including the bass....!?
Regards,
Cees

#46428 - 08/05/05 12:15 PM Re: KN7000 sub out
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:

Regards,
Pasi Kujanpää

Hi,
I started working early this morning. My opinion is; the expression pedal will control all, Rt1, Rt2, left hand, possibly some others, but not the Drums and Bass. It will control the Accomp. Part as a whole, or one of the 16 tracks in a sequence. I do not see a way to control Drums and Bass through the sub-outs by themselves.

John C.

How nice it would be to control the amount of bottom with a pedal.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online