SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463755 - 12/24/18 08:59 PM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I never encountered this as well. I think if I would have, I would have told the AD that I do the shows - she just writes the checks. And, if she thinks she can do the shows better than me, then why in the Hell isn't she on stage? smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#463775 - 12/25/18 07:43 PM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
The world is changing.

My brother, a strong Christian, hung up his 40 some years as a choir director after being directed to play holiday music vs. Christian music.

Thing is. Whether we like it or not, our constitution encourages religious freedom. Maybe that had a different meaning in the colonies like Jamestown in 1619, but it translated to something quite different now.

In my past few years of(fill in)teaching, I have encountered Jewish students, various Muslim factions and more than one Christian faction.

All have their own beliefs.

And, all pay taxes to the local school system and therefore, feel the right, to expect public schools to adhere to religious freedoms that Do Not infringe upon their religious beliefs.

A local school(30 miles away) wanted me to sub. I would have but, but out of 30 students, 10 dialects were spoken...most, some form of Muslim.

And, I do not have problems with students speaking Arabic, but for me it was too much to co-ordinate.

Edited by guitpic1 (12/25/18 07:49 PM)

#463777 - 12/25/18 08:30 PM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
There is no doubting that teachers today face challenges unseen in the past ... A local high school teacher recently reported on trying to teach English to students of 14 different ethnic backgrounds in one class ...
It's the way of the world, now ...

#463844 - 12/28/18 04:16 AM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Deane will you use the new SD90 setup for Christmas and all next year....or?

#463849 - 12/28/18 08:32 AM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny, I always use a Yamaha keyboard for Christmas gigs. I have owned ALL the TOTL keyboards over the last 14 years and none of them have the styles that fit Christmas music like Yamaha. So, I keep a Yamaha keyboard in the house for Christmas and Patriotic gigs. Right now I have the S975. That said, all the rest of my gigs will be with the Ketron.

Deane

#463856 - 12/28/18 11:16 AM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: hammer]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi all - interesting topic. I have not seen/heard any of this so far ... I still mix in traditional Christmas carols & hymns, with secular and "Santa Clause" and Winter oriented songs. Have not had any complaints or comments so far. . . but yeah, times are changing, and perhaps at some point someone will make those requests you wrote about in the opening note on this topic . . .

Christmas-time seemed to go by fast this year - time to say Happy New Year next!

Jim

#463927 - 12/30/18 07:11 AM Re: Final Christmas Show [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Dean if you look around there are some really nice Xmas styles for ketron. or just add some xmas bell pads to existing styles. headphone

I also enjoyed watching you perform with your new rig ketron/controller too...the audience loves it too...congrats!
....thanx

Edited by Dnj (12/30/18 07:12 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online