SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46379 - 05/11/03 08:24 AM High Price Panasonic SD Cards
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Price of Panasonic SD Cards UK. I am not a Technics owner, but being as close friend 84 years Old has recently bought a KN7000. I have been earning my browny points by helping him install the USB driver and Technics SD Card software.
We have been looking at the high price that Panasonic are charging for their SD Cards. Approx £40 for 64mb. We can obtain by mail order 64mb for £19.90 inc Vat & Delivery from http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/
Now some one is going say that the Panasonic SD Cards work better. We thought A memory card... is a memory card.... is a memory card.
Possibly the difference on the loading time may be related to Audio MP3's.

I use a Digital Camera and can not tell the difference in performance between a branded card or a lower priced mail order card.

Can we have some feedback please from you dedicated KN7000 owners.

Graham UK

#46380 - 05/11/03 01:21 PM Re: High Price Panasonic SD Cards
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Graham,
maybe not, I came across a brand of sd card the other day that won't work with audio files in the kn7 using the Panasonic Audio Sd Writing Kit Software (Juke Box). It works perfectly well with the Panasonic Card Reader and KN7 for saving midifiles, songs & styles etc but will NOT work with audio.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s. It is definitely an sd card not a mmc card.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#46381 - 05/12/03 08:57 AM Re: High Price Panasonic SD Cards
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
The first SD card I purchased was a 128mb San Disk and it works fine. I recently purchased a 256 mb Panasonic SD card at Walmart for $98.95and will use the 128 mb San Disk as a back up. Both cards work fine. Mel

#46382 - 05/12/03 01:35 PM Re: High Price Panasonic SD Cards
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I have no problems with Panasonic or San Disk SD Cards working with both Technics and Audio Files in both Song Manager and Jukebox

However, you may have a problem if you run Jukebox for Audio Converting and Checking Out using a Reader/Writer that is not a Panasonic SC-CB7.

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#46383 - 05/13/03 12:23 AM Re: High Price Panasonic SD Cards
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Thank you all for your responses above. Most of the time (99%) the SD card will be for just Styles & Registrations, so it appears generally un-branded SD's are not a problem.

Interestingly at the recent 7 day Keyboard festival UK. Technics did an evening concert spot which included Sara Raybould singing to a SD Audio backing of Gospel Singers from one of the 2 accompanying KN7000.

Graham UK

#46384 - 05/13/03 12:34 AM Re: High Price Panasonic SD Cards
Mike ORegan Offline

Hi Graham,
See my previous post on this subject. I like to think that, in a small way, I was instrumental in not only getting people to shop around, but also in Technics drastically reducing its prices.
Mike O'R

#46385 - 05/13/03 03:04 AM Re: High Price Panasonic SD Cards
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,

As I mentioned in an earlier thread for all the FAQ's about the Secure Digital card and also why the music industry support it (inbuild protection for coping audio for more than once from a CD to the card) and the companies which also support it or make a card.

If you compare the prices from SanDisk, Matsushita (panasonic) or PQI than you see a big cap.

rgds.
Willem

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online