SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46368 - 10/03/02 07:46 PM I finally laid my hands on the KN7000
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
WOW ! Does this keyboard look great ! It looks much better in person than any picture I have seen . You can hardly notice it has speakers onboard . The screen is just as nice as the TYRO's screen . Maybe a little better .

I will report back on friday to give everyone my 1st impression .

I have been demonstrating Ketron products at the NAMM shows for 4 years now and have been involved with arrangers for 15yrs .

Just became a Technics dealer in Baltimore .

I am excited to go back to the store tommorrow and give it go !

til friday or Saturday . ....................dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 10-04-2002).]

#46369 - 10/05/02 10:04 AM Re: I finally laid my hands on the KN7000
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Still exploring, and no time to write Dan01 ?
Happy plying.

GJ

I ment "playing", I guess "plying" means
something different, if it means something
at all ......

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 10-05-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#46370 - 10/05/02 01:14 PM Re: I finally laid my hands on the KN7000
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
GJ ,
As a matter of fact , I have been playing the KN7000 alot . Trying to get a good feel for it .

All and all this keyboard is just as compariable to the Yamaha TYRO's I played in Nashville this summer . The looks of the KN7000 are just as much state of the art as TYRO's as well .
There are many advantages to the KN7000 vs. Tyro's . Out of the box you have the SD card , speakers neatly placed , USB and expansion card capabilities ! Style convertion ssoftware !
A hard dive is optional with the TYRO's vs. Sd card ( nicely lit with a black light)on the KN7000 .

The 1st thing I looked for was "music style arranger" ( MSA)have always like this feature to help with selecting sounds with styles . The only thing I did not like about the "MSA" was the use of technichord on some of the selections . But all and all the MSA is a handy tool .
I went to the R+B type styles 1st . I had a really good time with these styles , particularily when I incorporated the pads . The guitar riffs off the pads are very cool . I found the pads incorporated into the gospel + dance type styles to be very cool and useful .

Ketron SD1 , XD9 do not have pads like the KN7000 or Tyro's / PSR series keyboards .

The traditional styles , big band , jazz combo styles are all "classic technics styles " IMHO . I have always liked playing "there's no business like show business " with the broadway style .
Gotta go for now .............

I am going to work with the mic settings tonight or tommorrow . I'll be back .

dano

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online