SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463720 - 12/24/18 04:25 AM Re: Build it yourself [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Bachus, I can see that this controller is for a small niche market. I like its compact form factor in a flight case. However, it's pretty heavy at 52.9 LBS! Once I was thinking of getting the Roland A-88 very compact and 35 LBS. If one is looking for an ultimate 88 key controller, it gotta be the Pysis K4 Ex

As for me, I decided to have a controller at least with a built-in piano sound just in case you don't have your module/notebook. That's the reason I purchased the Numa Stage piano. Now I enjoy the Numa Compact 2x especially its audio over USB feature. So convenient. I wouldn't mind getting a new Casio 88 piano with audio over USB.

Depends on what you expect from the ultimate controller..
Asuming you want a bare controller witouth sound source?

Best piano like action would be the kawai vpc1 bare none..

But if you want all kinds of controll, the physis is definately a great choice, it also has aftertouch.. the only competition i can see is the studiologic sl grand, with mixcraft option if needed..

Where the lmk4 is top knotch is if you want a keyboard that sits directly under another keyboard, giving you kind of an organ feeling with piano keys in. The lower.

The buildset, is unique in that there really isnt much high quallity keybeds for building your own available.. altough, i do think its quite expensive..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#463735 - 12/24/18 08:47 AM Re: Build it yourself [Re: Fran Carango]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Hi Fran. I’m doing great. Hope you are as well. After Generalmusic closed shop, I freelanced for a year or so. Then my wife, who is a veterinarian, and I opened our own veterinary hospital www.pawshospital.com and things are going exceptionally well there. I still play is several bands around Cincinnati and I’m in the process of getting some solo/duo gigs at senior facilities. In fact I was considering getting in touch with you because I found a great deal on a Roland BK-9 and know that you had one at one time. Thought I might get some pointers from you on the best way to utilize it. For band gigs I either use my Generalmusic Promega 3 if it’s strictly a piano gig, of my Korg Krome 88 if it’s mostly piano with the possibility of needing additional sounds. But for most ensemble gigs I purchased a GSi DMC-122/Gemini. Dual manual, drawbars, an unbelievable B3 emulation and tons of other sounds. www.genuinesoundware.com Got rid of a Hammond XK3Pro System for it and couldn’t be happier.

Merry Christmas,

Dave

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Dave, how are you doing?... long time no see smile

I see you play Hammond still... Did you retire the Genesys?

Edited by WDMcM (12/24/18 09:00 AM)

#463762 - 12/25/18 03:25 AM Re: Build it yourself [Re: ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great to see you drop in Dave. Just took a look at http://www.pawshospital.com/ and that looks great for you both. I always have rescue dogs because they are always so appreciative of being given a home. Pets are family.

#463763 - 12/25/18 07:31 AM Re: Build it yourself [Re: Bachus]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Hi Nigel. With work and gigs I haven’t had as much time to peruse the forums. It’s nice to see that many of the regulars are still around.

Glad to hear you help out dogs in need. We currently have one golden retriever (just lost our other recently). But a puppy is in our future so Blitzen has a playmate. Although he is happy to snuggle up with one or more of our six cats. We also have an office cat who is our PAWS Hospital greeter. 🙂

I hope you are having a great holiday!

Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online